Seems that PI is exploring a new market

A flash lol ess m0… Why? I like it is dual core!

It has a 2mb onboard flash.

External flash that is. Meaning the m0 will have to load it into ram to execute, which is why it has a lot of ram. If it does memory map external flash(should be QSPI) then it will run very slow. I am not impressed but I look forward to learning more.

There is additional 16kb of SRAM used for flash cache.

Besides the 264kB main memory, there are two other dedicated RAM blocks that may be used in some circumstances:
• If flash XIP caching is disabled, the cache becomes available as a 16kB memory starting at 0x15000000

It is an interesting offering from the Pi.
Wonder why not an M4 instead of M0. They have embedded their floating-point libraries on chip. M4 would have given them hardware floating-point.

It is interesting that they don’t support Arduino coding. Just MicroPython and C/C++. I am sure it won’t take someone long to port Arduino over.

In the end what makes the Pi Pico any different from the whole host of Feathers and Arduino’s that are out there?

Visual studio code and Eclipse, SWD debugger, drag and drop programming, Windows, OS X and Linux supported, some pseudo assembler and kind of Arduino/Wiring for C API. I don’t think they need an Arduino. After reading the getting started tutorial, I keep feeling that the system was created by ARM, but not by PI.

P.S. Also another interesting feature, picoprobe. You can upload a firmware to another Pico PI and use it as a SWD debugger.