There is a lot of questions around interfacing with the analog world on the forum these days - and one of the first answers is “put it on a 'scope”… Well what happens if you don’t have a scope?
Would there be interest in an “Instumentation Shield”? A shield for the Panda II with the following features:
- Graphic LCD display
- Lithium battery + charger
- Measure Voltage, Current, Resistance, maybe also Capacitance, Inductance with auto-scaling like a digital multimeter.
- Measure analog waveforms and display on the LCD - with auto scaling (and over voltage protection)
- Frequency counter.
- Serial sniffer and analyzer (to decode serial streams).
- I2C sniffer and injector.
- SPI sniffer and injector.
- Analog signal generator.
I’m not talking a sophisticated instrument like a Bitscope, but something simple for the beginner in the hobby as the next step after a multi-meter. There are plenty of OSH designs for such devices - maybe it can be harvested easily?