Salvaging a Raptor

After messing up my Raptor as described in this post, I read everything written in this G400 documentation.

What I noticed is that on page 18 are descriptions of the two special pins LDR0 and LDR1 - which as you’ll know (if you have a Raptor) are exposed as two push buttons on the board.

Now the instructions for salvaging the board begin on page 21 and refer to TinyBooter, this is also referred to on page 18, so I was curious…

Therefore I pressed LDR1 (taking it low based on general observations) then pressed RESET for like a second, then released them both - the LCD cleared and stayed blank…

I then ran MFDeploy and did a Ping, the device responded…

I next clicked ‘Erase’ and saw a dialog with options to erase stuff, I checked all boxes except Firmware then began the erase…

After about 30 or 40 secs I did another Ping and saw the response “…Tiny Booter” … good she’s still alive…

I reset the device and attempted to re-deploy a (safe!) app…

It WORKED !

Board is back and all is well, looks like the use of the LDR1 switch needs to be emphasized more as a recovery option, hope all this is helpful should anyone else fall into this hole!

Thanks to everyone who helped out, without their feedback I’d likely have just gone to bed!

Korp.

3 Likes

Congrats! Glad you got it back to life.