Sad day for the analog man

Helping the old man clean up the factory and with a wee tear in his eye this 1975 (was $1250 USD in 75) telequipmemt 50mhz dual trace oscilloscope is getting the heave ho. It’s a pity as it’s still working sweet but analog to me and the kids is white mans voodoo magic :joy:

6 Likes

Made me remember that when I was doing Electronics as a career, we used to use Analogue CRO’s and test equipment. The only thing full digital was my private Multimeter!

2 Likes

Dad bought the scope to help with design of FM rc gear back in the day…

Kraft from the US was the biggest in the world at the time and they took dad’s transmitter and receivers apart to see how he could make them half the size of theirs :grin:

3 Likes

His last model from 1983

imagejpeg_2(3)

2 Likes

His original 9 transistor servo early 70’s

imagejpeg_2(4)

4 Likes

Box of the left is a single channel sequential rubber band escapement for rubber control from the father of RC gear in NZ - Les Wright - then dad came along, designed and built all the rest :blush:

4 Likes

on '75 i was two year and p… on pumpers yet :rofl: :rofl: and first time meet with digital world is 10 years latter with an used Commodore 64 and Tape when i start to record/load my Basic application (hello world) and still have TV black and white (used with Commodore)…

3 Likes

In 1973 I took it apart. I was 12 years old.:sourire:
rVAoKNg

2 Likes

Don’t dare to throw it away! It is much better than mine, which I purchased in 1975 as well in the age of twenty. Here is a picture of the oscilloscope with the original bill of 1052.28 Deutschmarks . I still use it very very often, last to inspect the SPI signals of the SC20100 Board.Hamaeg%20Oscilloscope

4 Likes

He should at least try to sell that scope on ebay, so some young guy could have it and learn from it. Even if it’s just $50 bucks. :sob:

3 Likes