Running discontinued modules on Cream

Hi all,

I have a full blown prototype up and running using a Raptor board, and I am working on a new prototype based on Win10 on an RPi2.

In addition to a number of supported gadgeteer modules, the system is using two Pulse InOut modules (discontinued) to run a dozen servos and four electronic speed controllers, two compass modules (discontinued) to keep everything pointed in the right direction, and one of Dominik’s “Button Extenders” to handle feedback from 6 switches.

I received the Fez Cream last week and am just starting to set everything up to start working with it.

Do I have a prayer of getting these “unsupported” modules working with Fez Cream on RPi2?

I have not written any drivers to this point, so I assume I will have to dig into that process. I don’t suppose there is a way to port the .net micro drivers over to use with Fez Cream at least as a starting point?

Any thought or help on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks.

They should work. Nothing too complex and I am sure you are up to the challenge :slight_smile:

@ hvelo - it’s actually really easy to code drivers and chances are all you need to do is update an existing driver as you’ll likely find the source code for your module here https://bitbucket.org/ghi_elect/gadgeteer/src/985ade835fd6/Modules/?at=master