RTC M41T62 Configuration Help

Pullups 101

4 Likes

LOL that just made my day.

So is it better to have the resistors placed where I circled in red or the other side of VCC or does it make no difference?

@Brett I am using a loop to read registers because I just wanted to scan through all of them and see what information I could gather besides the date I had just put in.

@hwalker_MIWV You didn’t click on the picture did you :sunglasses:

The resisters are NOT inline like you have drawn but like this…

@Justin Lol no I did not click on the picture until now. Alright now I see where my logic went astray…I don’t know what the hell I was thinking…I can install them correctly I just can’t draw them apparently. Thanks for the help (and extensive amount of patience lol).

welcome.

How can you be using netmf in IAR Workbench?

The I2C code is actually inbuilt in netmf. I don’t think you’re in the right place looking for your homework answers :wink:

Could you please tell me how to set the alarm for 1 minute in the RTC? Like what are all the register i would be using and what their respective values in hex would be?

hello

dude, you’re here again?
I really think you should try reading the datasheet. We’re not here to do your homework !

@Brett, If you don’t want to help then ignore. Don’t try to act cool. Nobody even asked you a question. My question was addressed to Mr John.

after your IAR workbench post earlier (that you have conveniently deleted now) it’s clear you’re not posting here to add to our netmf, gadgeteer, or even tinyclr os journey…….

I think misunderstood @Brett . He is is one of the most helpful people in this community. Either way, if you use a technology or a product from GHI Electronics then we are here to help. If not, searching google and reading datasheets are your best bet.

Thank you Mr Gus, If this had been made clear by @Brett earlier than passing sarcastic comments, i would’ve not seeked for help here. He might be one of the most knowledgeable persons in this community but if he lacks basic communication etiquettes then i don’t think its useful. Once again, Sorry to disturb you guys.

I think @Brett is a leading member for people beginning with netmf, tinyclr or ghi products. He helped, helps (and probably will help) a lot of newby people and guides them in their journey.

I can’t heard he lacks communication etiquette.