RS21Driver Exception

Hi,

Using a Fez Spider as EMX board with Firmware 4.1.8.0, RS21, SD-CARD and custom board connected to 2nd SPI

Used RS21 in Adhoc mode… The system is running well for some time and sometimes after a while the following exception appears. Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks

#### Exception System.Exception - 0xffffffff (3) ####
#### Message: 
#### GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.RS21Driver::QueryConnectionStatus [IP: 0000] ####
#### GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.RS21Driver::get_IsLinkConnected_Helper [IP: 0007] ####
#### GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.RS21Driver::PollConnectionStatus [IP: 0003] ####

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.Exception’ occurred in GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.dll

Probably the connection was lost for bad signal.

In a case of a connection lost i would expect an interrupt when a handler is attached like “NetworkChange.NetworkAvailabilityChanged += …” Am i right?

You are right.
It seems that the exception is firing because of internal communication reason. Do you have a code that can reproduce the issue?

Thanks Joe, I will try to isolate the code and get back to you… although will be somewhere next week.

Thanks, Rob

Hi. I have the same problem.

Uncaught exception
#### Exception System.Exception - 0xffffffff (6) ####
#### Message:
#### GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.RS21Driver::QueryConnectionStatus [IP: 0000] ####
#### GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.RS21Driver::get_IsLinkConnected_Helper [IP: 0007] ####
#### GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.RS21Driver::PollConnectionStatus [IP: 0003] ####
An unhandled exception of type ‘System.Exception’ occurred in GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.dll

RS21 is used in a regular mode.

Take a look at this thread - hopefully it’s of use to you: (the link below is about how to examine these exception in more detail)

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=8618&page=2#msg85513

Any update ???

Is there any update on this? Quite frustrating since there seems to be no way to handle it, or catch the exception…

#### Exception System.Exception - 0xffffffff (3) ####
#### Message: 
#### GHI.Premium.Net.RS9110Helper::QueryConnectionStatus [IP: 0000] ####
#### GHI.Premium.Net.RS9110Helper::CheckForEvent [IP: 001e] ####

An unhandled exception of type ‘System.Exception’ occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll

There has been many changes sine this old post. If you have similar problem, then please make a new post with the issue and how to repro.