RS21 and Raptor Issue

Only when using a Power.Ext v1.0 module, RS21 and Raptor socket 11.

NOTE; Using socket 1 or 3 do not give this exception…

There are no loops in ProgramStarted()
The RS21 is initialized after using a button press.

The thread ‘’ (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Using mainboard GHI Electronics FEZ Raptor version 1.0
#### Exception GHI.Networking.WiFiRS9110+HardwareFailureException - 0x00000000 (1) ####
#### Message:
#### GHI.Networking.WiFiRS9110::UpdateInternalMacAddress [IP: 001c] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.WiFiRS21::.ctor [IP: 0054] ####
#### RaptorRS21Crypt.Program::InitializeModules [IP: 0027] ####
A first chance exception of type ‘GHI.Networking.WiFiRS9110.HardwareFailureException’ occurred in GHI.Networking.dll
Upgrading…
WARN: Total initialization time exceeds 10 seconds.
: ProgramStarted is blocking execution, which means events and timers will not run properly.
: Make sure not to use blocking code such as while(true) - use a GT.Timer instead.
Upgrading…
Upgrading…
WARN: Total initialization time exceeds 20 seconds.
: ProgramStarted is blocking execution, which means events and timers will not run properly.
: Make sure not to use blocking code such as while(true) - use a GT.Timer instead.
Upgrading…
Upgrading…
WARN: Total initialization time exceeds 30 seconds.
Upgrading…
Upgrading…
WARN: Total initialization time exceeds 40 seconds.
Upgrading…
Upgrading…
WARN: Total initialization time exceeds 50 seconds.
Program Started
wifiRS21 Network Is Down - Always down before it is up << This is my event Debug.Print message
The thread ‘’ (0x3) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

RS21 works after all of the above.

Any comments?

@ willgeorge - I was able to reproduce the failure in UpdateInternalMacAddress, but the device recovered and successfully accessed the network. Can you post a small program that shows the rest of the exceptions?

@ John -

No other exceptions. Just what I posted.

This only happens during program start and yes, the RS21 works after that.

I posted only to show the behavior on only one particular socket (11). It does not occur when connected using sockets 1 and 3.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I do not see this behavior when I am not using the PowerExt module. The DC power to the PowerExt is from a quality lab power supply.

@ willgeorge - This will be fixed in the next SDK.

@ John -

Thanks… Could you tell why only on socket 11…
I’m curious!

@ willgeorge - Initialization order in the driver was incorrect so it caused interrupts to fail. Socket 11 had a different default state than the other SPI sockets so you only saw it there.

@ John -
Thank you for taking the time to reply.