RLPLite - Cerberus - R/O Base and R/W Base

The documentation is for FEZ Hydra, anyone know the values for the cerberus?

Thanks.

The documentation on the wiki was updated to include the Cerb family of mainboards. The RLPLite Address however is 0x2001A000 and is 12KB (0x3000) in size.

So we only have 12KB of space for compiled binaries?

Yes. When you compile the final bin file that you will load, you will only have a maximum of 12KB.

That might not cut it, the hough transform is already 8KB. Time for a spider or hydra… Or wait for the G120.

Or I think you could expand this with a custom compiled firmware.

Not sure I want to go through the whole recompile and remove stuff not needed for the firm ware. Then whenever there is a firmware update I have to do all of that again.
Perhaps I can use some compiler options to get the bin a little smaller.

Just strange that it has 1MB of flash, where 300KB is allowed for user code but only 12KB can be used for RLP. I didn’t even read the docs about that before I bought the cerb.

[quote]Just strange that it has 1MB of flash, where 300KB is allowed for user code but only 12KB can be used for RLP. I didn’t even read the docs about that before I bought the cerb.
[/quote]
RLP code is loaded into memory not flash. Usually it is stored as a resource or on a SD, and then fetched and loaded into memory.

The 12KB refers to the memory limit.

RLP code is loaded into memory not flash. Usually it is stored as a resource or on a SD, and then fetched and loaded into memory.

The 12KB refers to the memory limit.
[/quote]

Sometimes I’m an idiot. The binaries are added as a resource, and thus loaded at runtime. 12KB is fine then. Thanks Mike.

Mike to the rescue :slight_smile: