RLP questions

Hi,

I am working with RLP on a Panda II to read a DHT11 sensor because it uses a custom protocol.
Everything works fine, after a lot of time, but a few questions about RLP are still there:

• Why is it required to unlock the RLP feature with my personal account ?

• Is it supported to load more ELF-Files or is it only possible to load a single ELF-File which must contain all requried procedures?

• Will the loaded ELF file unloaded automatically at atny time? Is it possible to unload these files manually?

• How long is the RLP feature active after it has been enabled? Is it until the whole firmware is updated/resetted?

• Do you think that it is a good way to keep all RLP.Procedures as a static reference? I want to use it from different locations.

Regards
Christian

Thank you for your quick reply…

I have just read the comparison of RLP and RLP lite.

I want to know whether the RLP lite uses less memory than the full RLP implementation.

Regards
Christian

Sorry, but when I’m trying to use my code without the Unlock method, I get an exception:

“An unhandled exception of type ‘System.InvalidOperationException’ occurred in GHIElectronics.NETMF.Native.dll”

The version of the assembly is 4.1.8.0.

RLP was unlocked in 4.2. It is still locked for 4.1.

@ Steven - Hi Steven,

I’m in the same situation. I want to test the Grove DHT11 on a Fez Panda II. I have compiled the Elf, but I need to unlock the RLP since I’m running with the assembly is 4.1.8.0. I definitely don’t want to update the Fez Panda II to 4.2 since everything is working well.
The RLP code generation menu is no more present.
How is it possible to unlock it?

Regards

we will be updating our documentation shortly. In the meantime…

To unlock RLP, paste the code below into the beginning of your application.

RLP.Unlock("97B4DCA1A1E2470744C8E6D6BE47230C", new byte[] {0x8E, 0xCD, 0x52, 0x1B, 0x34, 0xB2, 0xA8, 0x22, 0xD6, 0xDE, 0xF6, 0x4E, 0x75, 0x12, 0x17, 0xB7, 0x53, 0x22, 0x8A, 0x81, 0x3C, 0xBB, 0x19, 0x5D, 0x7E, 0xEF, 0x08, 0x64, 0x02, 0x28, 0x1E, 0xDC});

Note: Some devices such as USBizi (FEZ Panda) requires a call for

RLP.Enable(); 

to reserve an RLP region.
See documentation for details: http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/NETMF/Library%20Documentation%20v4.1/Index.html

The RLP Getting Started guide, http://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/50/rlp-getting-started , has been edited to cover the unlock code posted here.

@ Jeff - Hi Jeff,

I have copied this unlock code and the DHT11 is now receiving some values.
The DHT11 really uses a strange protocol. And collecting analog values using digital pins is not the really natural. For the Grove DHT11, I have tried several codes. The only one that really works has been the RLP one. It still require to install some extra applications (Yagarto).

Thanks for the support,

Famory

glad things are working for you!