Renewing our commitment to NETMF!

@ Brett - it is sad how the netmf situation reflects on our software quality. Users don’t realize we are the first company ever to port netmf completely to a new processor. We were the first company to offer file system on netmf. We were the first with usb host… Usb cam… Sqlite…in field update… RLP.

Thankfully, we are now leaping forward and you all will receive a complete “GHI” quality product, without any third party involvement.

2 Likes

@ SouthernStars - we are a phone call away to any commercial customer.

@ njbuch - The project is a mobile telemetry device that is responsible for routing real-time data traffic to their proper cloud applications. The data are from wireless/wired sensors and other devices such as PLC. It is GPS enabled and the main pipe for data to reach their cloud apps is cellular.
This device is basically the main gateway for bi-directional communication and control for most of our products and some third party products.
The device can be use for mobile applications or stationary applications. The device is currently installed on a dozen of 18 wheeler trucks that carry pharmaceutical products. So far, so good.

1 Like

I did not see anything about open-source in this thread. What will be GHI’s position regarding this ?
Will there be a closed-source GHIMF only or will you provide something similar to the current NETMF Github ?

2 Likes

I reckon it is way too much to ask (I’ll do it anyway) but it would be nice, if not aweseome, or even more, to be able to have the possibility to choose between a clean netmf (without the GHI very cool features in it) and the full fletched [em]GHIMF[/em] with all the wistles and bells you ever dreamed of but were afraid to ask for …

2 Likes

@ .Peter. @ Bec a Fuel- I am not answering this question and not leading one way or another. But netmf is open source and has been for years. Everyone is invited to grab the code and improve upon as they see fit. In the GHI case, we are focused on our corporate customer’s needs. If that means one way or another, we would be heading in that direction.

By definition, hobbyists are not “corporate customers”. So, to me, the direction is quite clear :frowning:

@ Bec a Fuel - is it?! :think:

Sad to hear about gadgeteer, but I understand the reasons for the decision. I’d been starting to wonder when netMF would be declared dead. I guess it won’t be dead, just the MS support of it.

Yes, I think so.
That said, I will gladly accept to be wrong.

Please read this news post again. It is talking about NETMF moving forward…strongly moving forward.

2 Likes

Please read my post again. It is talking about NETMF not being dead despite previous assumption.

I found this by accident… A good read about NETMF.

I await GHI surprise. Could it be…?

This is a good read, the entire thread. For example “.NET Micro Framework isn’t really a Microsoft “product”, and hasn’t been one for many years now.”.