Removing Chromium from my beaglebone black

I’m trying to remove the Chromium browser from my beaglebone black in order to open up more disk space. Before I go in with an “rm” command and delete something important, I was wondering if there is anything I should be wary of. Is it as simple as running rm chromium, or do I need to use a particular uninstallation procedure to remove all the dependencies and files associated with the browser without deleting anything I need to keep?
Also, if it is as simple as using an rm command, do I want to delete everything from the directories, /home/debian/.config/chromium AND /home/debian/.cache/chromium, or are both of these wrong and I should be deleting something else?

Specifically, I have Chromium 48.0.2564.82 built on Debian 8.3 running on Debian 8.4, if that is important for the uninstall process.

sudo apt-get purge chromium-browser

1 Like

@ cyberh0me -
Thank you both so much for the very fast replies. Just to confirm, is mcalsyn’s command “sudo apt-get purge chromium-browser” the package manager you were referring to? sorry if this is a super newb question ;D