Releasing the NETMF and Gadgeteer Package 2014 R2-Beta1 SDK!

Perfect - i’ll see before OSHW version available

Is this going to result in reduced available flash space on flash-limited devices, like Cerb*? Seems like including a bunch of code for things which only throw NotSupportedException is a bit wasteful?

@ godefroi - we looked into it and the additional code is very small that it is not an issue even on cerb

And what about RAM?

Also insignificant

Will 4.2 SDK be still supported and updated along with 4.3 SDK?

Yes but not always

Is there a rough estimate of when we can expect this for the Cerb family?

2 Likes

The two features I want from the premium library most for my Cerb projects are 1) USB host and 2) the ability to mount the SD as USB Mass Storage (I loved the feature on the Panda board).

Are either of these available now?

When you finished PPP? Honestly, I’m tired of empty promises … >:)

I don’t believe there was every a “promised” date. Just estimates.

If I was you, I would encourage GHI to stop giving time estimates on fixes and new features. Communications should be limited to “its being worked on” or “it is on the list of things to do”. I am sure this would make you much happier.

Empty promise? We are working on it and will provide this free feature and even a free whole update to 4.3. We dedicated a lot of resources to provide these free updates but we also provide paid services if that is a better option for your needs.

1 Like

In my opinion the price of Premium modules includes support for what was before… When we started designing of our system we use EMX & MF 4.1 include PPP support from GHI… And we are waiting for update about 2 years… is it right? what do you think?

That is obviously how you feel, but I think whether you’re right or not, and whether how you see the situation is important to others or not, this is worth having a person to person conversation with Gus offline about. I think it’s better if you have an ongoing dialog to help support your commercial relationship, as a lot of us others here have a trivial “ones-and-twos”, maker relationship with GHI.

2 Likes

Will the Spider Mainboard and the WiFi Module also get an 4.3 update and if yes when ? I start a new Project in a few days and if there is no update for the Spider I have to buy a new Mainboard and a Wifi module earlier than I have planed.

@ Roman2 - today :slight_smile:

Posting lots of junk in here so you can up your points ready to SPAM us are you?

You’ll be deleted before you can!! Twat!

1 Like

Account deleted :wink:

1 Like

Actually, amongst the random junk there were some relevant posts - the one that had the Porting Kit MDK hint.

1 Like

That was just pure luck and he probably Googled the answer as it was quite a basic reply.

:slight_smile: