[RELEASED] Spiral SDK

For initial debug i’m going to use their shield to connect the LCD to the Panda. I do see though that there will be some rewiring required as, for instance, the Read pin isn’t wired and the touch controller doesn’t connect to the SPI bus…
This is the default pinout:

D0 -> DB0
D1 -> DB1
D2 -> DB2
D3 -> DB3
D4 -> DB4
D5 -> DB5
D6 -> DB6
D7 -> DB7
D8 -> D_IRQ
D9 -> D_OUT
D10 -> SD_CS/D_CS
D11 -> SD_IN
D12 -> SD_OUT
D13 -> SD_CLK
A0(D14) -> D_IN
A1(D15) -> D_CLK
A2(D16) -> RESET
A3(D17) -> CS
A4(D18 ) -> WR
A5(D19) -> RS

I can wire the Read pin and the Touch SPI bus as you prefer, as long as it stays on the D0-D13/A0-A5 pins… :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Errol

Was there any updates to Spiral regarding configurable interface? ;D

I now have my LCD and i’m busy wiring it up etc…

Thanks,
Errol

Your wish is my command. I’m adding it now; I’ll drop you a line when it’s done.

@ Errol the update is up

Update includes
Ability to configure LCD to work with any pins specified
Calibrate & SetCalibration methods
Removal of TouchMove even from Listbox (not needed in new style)

Please note Graphics.Initialize is now a required method before using Spiral; this is noted in the changes in the documentation.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

One last connector that my local store is out of stock on then i’m ready to roll… :slight_smile:

could GHI down its price ?

Regarding the ITDB02 + Arduino Shield, the price is about : 18.80 + 6.80 ==> 18€…

as the FEZ touch is 39.95 ==> 28€

Of course, it’s not that 10€ is that much regarding the feature but, I guess it could be great to have a
smaller price difference, no ?

Maybe there are some reasons to explain this difference. Will be glad to here them :slight_smile:

Thanks

mmmm, convenience?

Honestly, not the right place to discuss what your perception of cost is; maybe you should approach GHI directly with your business proposal.
Every business has different sensitivities to costs and different business models to make a profit, like everyone sets out to do. Think about what the size of the arduino crowd is today, that has to bring a large capacity to reduce prices through volume discounts. Fez is relatively small market so the cost to manufacture is not going to be as small, even with similar base components.

The price is higer for the same reason that a BMW side mirror is more expensive than a generic mirror? It was designed for the Panda2, it isn’t just some generic board.

also, note that the shield for the ITDB02 is almost useless. It “works” as it allowed me to test the LCD but it is uselessly slow(took about 2 seconds to paint a full screen) and it doesn’t wire the touch controller to actual SPI pins and I didn’t feel like using a bit banged SPI driver.

In the end I had to wire the ITDB02 into my Panda1 by hand, using the headers between the Adruino headers. And I would have had to do that wether I got a GHI LCD or the ITDB02 because I don’t have a Panda2.