[RELEASED] Spiral SDK

To me, this is like buying a $13 pizza for skewworks for all the nice work they did, which is worth more than $13 if you ask me :slight_smile:

Haha sorry Flid; Pyxis 2 is free though!

And I haven’t forgotten my promise, I will post the screen rotation code for you once I have everything working properly.

I could give you code to run in landscape now if you want it to be in landscape and mirrored. :wink:

Speaking of which. Thomas, there is no price info on Spiral landing page:

http://skewworks.com/products/Spiral

Thanks Architect! I’ve updated the page.

I’m getting a whole new skewworks.com setup (which actually had the pricing) but didn’t want to wait until the new site was up to release Spiral since I knew people were waiting on it. :wink: Guess I missed that page on the existing site :-[

Does look like something is askew on the Thank You page after purchasing:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare dbconnect() (previously declared in /home/staged10/public_html/skewworks.com/inc/mysql.inc:3) in /home/staged10/public_html/skewworks.com/inc/mysql.inc on line 9

Hoping an email link will show up soon!

Already sent!

Thanks for the specific error, I’ve located and corrected the issue.

do you think a WebBrowser control will be available in the future ?

Any idea if such a control is under progress somewhere else ?

I searched the web (maybe not enough) but did not find such kind of control in order to able internet
surf under cobra or board having a screen connected to it.

I just got the following when returning to your site from PayPal. No download link. Help please!

@ rd66 - I posted the same error above, and Thom very quickly responded via email with the download link, I think even before I finished posting the issue, so no worries.

@ skewworks - maybe you should consider using an asp.net site with a sql server backend ;D

@ Sodit: I have the beginnings of one, not sure how far I’ll get with it.

@ rd66: How embarrassing; I’ve sent you an email with the link

@ Eric: Haha, seriously. I “re-corrected” :smiley: the issue and actually placed a live order to test it, if it breaks again I’ll eat my hat! After I buy a hat of course.

Is there a way to add a custom LCD interface? Or is the driver layer completely compiled into the DLL? :slight_smile:

The driver is layered in. I do plan to release one for another LCD in a bit which will be included in the price and given to anyone that’s already ordered. What LCD were you looking at?

Looking at this one:
http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=55

Same controller for LCD and touch as the Panda2 LCD, but will not be wired to the same pins… I might build a cable to wire it to my Panda1 the same way as the Panda2 does though…

Thanks,
Errol

This display has the same controller so the same code will simply work.

Only if I use the same connections which means wiring the LCD to all the inner headers of the Panda1… :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Errol

Correct

I could update the library to allow you to define which pins are used.

That would be very useful, for testing and for production… :slight_smile:

Don’t forget that the parallel port class that the display uses workds much faster when a certain set of pins are the data lines. Don’t remember which ones off the top of my head.

I actually have this LCD; if you post up the pin out you’re thinking of using I can get it tested before updating Spiral.