We are excited to announce the release of the GHI Electronics NETMF and Gadgeteer 2016 R1 SDK. We have worked hard over the last few months to provide a very stable and user friendly SDK. Some of the major things in this release include:
- CDC over USB client on G30
- EMX, G120, and G400 can now update TinyBooter though In-Field Update
- G400 now uses the new GHI Bootloader to update TinyBooter
- Networking improvements in SSL, Accept, and Read
- The default debug interface is now controllable
- Legacy Gadgeteer mainboards and boards in GHI.Pins no longer warn about being obsolete
- Signed USB CDC drivers are now included when using the default VID and PID
- The USB drivers are now optional for the GHI Bootloader on Windows 10 and for Micro Framework on all supported systems
- BrainPad project templates are included for C# and Visual Basic
- PPP now works with more modems
- WiFi RS9110 is now more recoverable when corrupt
- SPI displays on G80 and Cerberus can now use custom widths and heights
No changes have been introduced since pre-release 2. The release notes show the combined changes of all the pre-releases for this SDK.
While we still do not officially support Visual Studio 2015 because of the serious issues with it, we are making an unsupported patch available that allows you to use it with our SDK. See the patch instructions for complete details. We still recommend Visual Studio 2013 for production use.
Lastly, we have updated our code signing certificate. You may get warnings that the SDK installer, USB drivers, and FEZ Config are not well known from Windows since it is a new certificate. This will go away as the SDK is used more.
Latest .NET Gadgeteer Core: http://gadgeteer.codeplex.com/downloads/get/1519812
VS2015 patch instructions: https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/346/using-visual-studio-2015
2016 R1 SDK: https://www.ghielectronics.com/support/netmf/sdk/41/ghi-electronics-netmf-sdk-2016-r1