relayISOx16

Hello again Folks
I feel really bad to post here again :confused:

I was pretty sure to get that working without any helpā€¦ but it seems not :S

After I got the Button and Joystick to work i gave a try to the RelayISOx16 Module.
The implementation was pretty easy and i found also itā€™s methods to useā€¦ but somehow is nothing happening when I enable a Relay.

button.ButtonPressed += new GTM.GHIElectronics.Button.ButtonEventHandler(button_ButtonPressed);
        }

void button_ButtonPressed(GTM.GHIElectronics.Button sender, GTM.GHIElectronics.Button.ButtonState state)
        {
            relayISOx16.EnableRelay(5);
            throw new NotImplementedException();
        }

it looks as simple as it should beā€¦
Did I do something wrong?
I couldnā€™t find any code on the Seed site or the Sharecode page :S
Someone a small tipp?

I use a FEZ Hydra

thx in advance.
greez evi

Are you sure itā€™s not working?
This line needs to be removed as its just making the hydra throw an exception which will just confuse things.

throw new NotImplementedException();

Do you have anything connected to relay 5 to prove its working or not? If you can add pics thatā€™s always a help for us to see.

No camera to hand. I have a Multimeter to check if it switched.
But the Module itself has LEDs on it.

When I give the 12V to the RelayModule all LEDs are red and none of the connections on the relays is activeā€¦ the opener neither the closer.

When I plug the Hydra all Relays are ready in the opener position. the multimeter comfirms that.
When i activate the button i get into the button methode and i get also my debug.printā€¦
I also tried it with DisableRelay(); just to be sureā€¦
is it correct to have just a number as argument? this ā€œushort relayā€ is a bit confusingā€¦
cuz it doesnā€™t accept an variable like int RelayNr = 1; Edit: okā€¦ itā€™s not working cuz of the datatype^^

relayISOx16.EnableRelay(RelayNr);

Debug.Print("Program Started");

button.ButtonPressed += new GTM.GHIElectronics.Button.ButtonEventHandler(button_ButtonPressed);
        }

void button_ButtonPressed(GTM.GHIElectronics.Button sender, GTM.GHIElectronics.Button.ButtonState state)
        {
            relayISOx16.EnableRelay(5);
            Debug.Print("Enabled!");
            //throw new NotImplementedException();
        }

Relays are defined as a bitmask. So they go like this:
Relay1 = 1
Relay2 = 2
Relay3 = 4
Relay4 = 8 etc.
Now you just sum the numbers of relays you want to enable. For example: 5 will enable Relay1 & Relay3.

You donā€™t have to input numbers directly you can use constants defined in RelayISOx16.Relay:
RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_1
RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_2
RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_3 etc.
and to enable Relay1 & 3 this way you need to use boolean OR like this: .EnableRelay(RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_1 | RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_3);

1 Like

hmm, it would look so simpleā€¦

}

{
            relayISOx16.EnableRelay([em]RelayISOx16[/em].Relay.Relay_1);
            Debug.Print("Enabled!");
        }

RelayISOx16 is unknown in this context. i also tried small lettersā€¦ then it says ā€œError 1 ā€œRelayā€: On a Type can not be referenced by an expression. Instead, use ā€œGadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.RelayISOx16.Relayā€.ā€

Replacing Relay with ā€œGadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.RelayISOx16.Relayā€ didnā€™t help either

arghā€¦ :confused:

chokay, no error by

relayISOx16.EnableRelay(Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_1);

but still no activation on the physical relay >.<

relayISOx16.DisableAllRelays();

}

{

relayISOx16.EnableRelay(Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.RelayISOx16.Relay.Relay_1);
            Debug.Print("Enabled!");
        }

Choaaaaay. The last posted CODE is WORKING!!!

I bumped via google into a older threadā€¦ it has no question about the code in it so i probably skipped it before.

But I found out that the Relay Module only works on socket 3 and 4 ^^

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=9972

Thank you very much to complete the code.

greez evi

The problem with only working on sockets 3 and 4 was specifically related to the Gadgeteer Designer part of Visual Studio. Additionally that bug is fixed in the latest/current SDK.