Redpine MAC Address is different in router ARP table

Hello,

In my code i forced to set the MAC address to "03:51:67:01:34:38"
I obtain that address from the debug output window in VS2010 (i assumed it was a hex number, however some research on the Internet told me that Redpine has another range. But maybe that info was not up to date)

When i reset my EXM dev. board. This 03:xx… address is show on the LCD
However, if i look in the ARP table of my router there is shown “00:23:A7:00:86:26” To make sure it was not something from the routers cache i took a router that was never used together before with this Redpine module.

Since i have DHCP problems now and then i was wondering if this might be an issue.

There are two MAC addresses being discussed.

On the EMX module, the is a label with a MAC address. This is the address that you set in MFDeploy, and is used for Ethernet.

There is another MAC address for the Red Pine module. I do not believe you can not control the MAC address of the Red Pine module. It comes configured with its own MAC address.

00:23:A7 indicates Redpine Signals, Inc.

Thanks, i was thinking that i needed to set the mac address for wifi too in the config.

Any idea how to translate the mac address like 035167013438 to 00:23:A7:00:86:26?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Not sure what you are asking?

I was wondering how to read the mac address that is shown in the debug window of VS2010 during code execution.

In my case it says:
Version Number is 4.4.5
WiFi Module’s MAC Address is 035167013438

I just see a reply in my mailbox, but this reply does not show up here on the forum ???

Anyhow…

according to the information in the debug output window my mac address is "03:51:67:01:23:38"
according to the information from the ARP table my mac address is “00:23:A7:00:86:26”

Where is this ARP table?

Have you ever connected the Cobra to your network with ethernet? This could account for the other address.

Have you ever connected with WiFi?

Is something not working? What is the issue?

Mike,

The issue: My WiFi module (connected to my EMX dev. system) will not always work properly, but sometimes it does. Mainly there are 2 issues.

1. A expection is thrown in WiFi.ConnectInfrastructure(…)
  2. RenewDhcpLease() does not return a new IP address and throw an exception

So… I thought maybe i need to set the MAC address like for the WiFi module in code:

var netif = NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces();
netif[0].PhysicalAddress = new byte[] { 0x03, 0x51, 0x67, 0x01, 0x34, 0x38 };

After programming the mac address i noticed a difference between what i set and what my router shows me.
The mac address i used to set the variable .PhyscalAddress is what is shown in the debug output window generated by GHI low level code.

i did not had the ethernet from the EMX board connected to my router before.

Hope i expressed my issue well :wink:

[quote]netif[0].PhysicalAddress = new byte[] { 0x03, 0x51, 0x67, 0x01, 0x34, 0x38 };
[/quote]

This is for Ethernet interface and the old ZeroG based wifi.

RS21 WiFi module has its own mac address that can not be changes.

Thanks!

But where does the mac number coming from that is shown in the debug output window. I can’t understand the relation between that number and the real Redpine mac address?

Debug Output Window in VS2010 :

Version Number is 4.4.5
WiFi Module’s MAC Address is 035167013438