RC Car Real Driving Experience with USBizi!

Please take a look at this video about our latest EDX (Enhanced Driving eXperience) project, at [url]Innovactive EDX Project - RC Car Real Drive Experience - YouTube.

Amazing, isn’t it?

It is really amazing. I love it. I gave you only 250 experience points because you are using our old board and not FEZ.

Contact GHI directly with a link to this post and we will get you a FEZ Domino for free. How is that for an amazing gift? :slight_smile:

I’m wondering what the GHI board is contributing to the vehicle? I would assume that it is interfacing the USB wheel to the transmitter but it would be be interesting to know more.

Just to confirm Gus, the EMX module can handle 640 video right?

It can probably do little animations and things, but I think you would need the ChipworksX to do much higher than that.

There are all kind of tricks you can do to handle image processing. Assuming you are experienced in this field

Trying to get a system that does everything over IP networks. I need a solution that will compress or send compressed video data using an all IP network.

Define tricks?

We’ll refactor EDX project to use FEZ Domino instead of USBizi as soon as possible (we own both, of course)…

Concerning USBizi purpose, it is used both to process HID reports coming from USB racing wheel (btw, we had to use raw devices support because our Thrustmaster controller was had a descriptor different from standard joystick one) and to drive via SPI a Microchip 2-channels DAC, that “injects” voltage about steer and throttle on two points of RC transmitter circuit where normally are connected two POTs output voltage.

Believe it or not, most of firmware code is about calibration, used to adapt any transmitter/receiver/servo/mechanics combination to USB/HID logical range of racing wheel. Calibration data can be saved ad reloaded on microSD.

Wow dude why not just use a logitech controller?

[quote]Trying to get a system that does everything over IP networks. I need a solution that will compress or send compressed video data using an all IP network.

Define tricks?[/quote]

When you watch an MPEG of divex you are actually being tricked in thinking you have full image data. You are seeing very little of the original uncompressed data. So when you say, can FEZ Cobra (EMX) do video? I say yes but this is a tricky answer. How many frames a second? what kind of compression? How optimized is your codecs? Some codecs are optimized in assembly specifically for ARM processors and those run VERY fast.

Now encoding a a LOT more processor intensive then decoding and you want to do that in real time so things can get very difficult, can you do it? Yes probably but will require a lot efforts.

Most importantly, you need to have experience with codecs, image processing, RLP, naive programming, command line C compiling…etc.