Raptor Questions

Hey, working w/ my new Raptor and I’ve got a few questions on it.

1. Is it possible to use the ENC28 with this? I’ve tried but haven’t been able to get it to work so far, quite possibly doing something wrong :slight_smile:

2. Is the Raptor having the same Serial issues Hydra previously had? I’m noticing dropped bytes (serial was my work around to not being able to get the ENC28).

3. Are there any other known issues beside what’s listed here: https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/112/g400?

Hi Skewworks,

1. The ENC28 should work with Raptor. How are you trying to use the ENC28? Where is it failing at? Can you provide a simple program at how it failed?

2. We will check into the Serial issue that you are having.

3. There are no other known issues other that what the list mentions.

On Socket 3 cable connected, no other code

ethernet_ENC28.DebugPrintEnabled = true;
            ethernet_ENC28.UseDHCP();

Result:

Using mainboard GHI Electronics FEZRaptor version 1.0
    #### Exception GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException - 0x00000000 (5) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHI.Premium.Net.EthernetENC28J60::get_IsCableConnected [IP: 000f] ####
    #### Gadgeteer.Modules.Module+NetworkModule::UseDHCP [IP: 0009] ####
A first chance exception of type 'GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException' occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException' occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll

@ Skewworks

We have reproduced the same results that you encountered. We are looking into this issue as well. In the meantime, See if this line of code will help to enable the DHCP:

ethernet_ENC28.Interface.NetworkInterface.EnableDhcp();

It doesn’t crash, but it doesn’t get me a network connection.

I’m also noticing my raptor keeps changing it’s name on its own from G400_G400 to Gadgeteer_G400 and back again