Raptor fail to deploy

Hello,

I am a new user to NET-mf and Gadgeteer.
I am currently using:
-FEZRaptor
-USB Client DP
-VS2015 Community
-v4.3
-in order to run my PWM using the Raptor I had to add a couple reference packages to my solution. ( GHI.Pins and Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware)

I have been able to deploy and run my program successfully on this setup, however all of a sudden, it has stopped working.

The error I have been repeatedly getting is:

Attempting deployment…
Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 145520 bytes
Assemblies successfully deployed to device.
Restarting interpreter…
Attaching to device…
Waiting for device to initialize…
The debugging target and the debugger engine failed to initialize because of unspecified device errors.
The debugger engine thread has terminated unexpectedly with error ‘Could not reconnect to the debugging target after rebooting it.’.

I have used FEZConfig to re-update and re-upload the correct firmware multiple times. Here is the results of my config:
Firmware (TinyCLR) version information:
4.3.8.1 on this computer.
4.3.8.1 on this device.

The Firmware (TinyCLR) is up to date. <<<
Please wait for the device to reboot… Done.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Deployment works as it looks like but VS2015 doesn’t wait long enough until the debugger on the Raptor is ready (that’s why (I think) VS2015 isn’t officially supported). You can manually connect to your Raptor by clicking ‘Debug’ - ‘Attach to process’ in the opened window choose ‘.Net Microframework’ as ‘Transport’, choose USB and click on the Raptor on the bottom. On my G400 with VS2015 the program stops if I detach the debugger again, with VS2013 it works fine.

1 Like

Same here, for some reason VS2015 forks fine with G120 but with G400 is not. VS2013 works fine.