Main Site Documentation

Raptor, Digital Inputs and Load Module .NETMF 4.3

Hello,
I am using the load module to run a winch until I hit an end stop at which point I need to switch channels on the load module and run the winch the other way until I hit another end stop and switch direction again.

The end stop switches are going to be digital inputs. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to monitor the digital inputs at the same time I have a channel open on the load module.

I know there is a create digital interrupt port. However, I cannot use port 3 on the sockets because those will be needed for analog inputs. So I need to figure out how to do this using regular digital inputs.

I have a hunch that it has something to do with threading and avoiding the use of the while loop. Any help would be appreciated as I am starting to run out of time in getting this implemented into our control system.

Thanks,
Jordan

Hi Jordan,

If you’re using Gadgeteer, you could base your code on the ButtonS7 module source code which replicates this behaviour.

https://bitbucket.org/ghi_elect/gadgeteer/src/f4166debf799d741ac2ced860d2d2af82cf5698c/Modules/GHIElectronicsDiscontinued/ButtonS7/ButtonS7_43/?at=master

Just be warned, you might need some de-bounce filtering either in software or hardware or both depending on the way your signals run.