Project - Modbus RTU library (device and master) for Medusa (Gadgeteering)

I just posted Modbus RTU library (device and master) for Medusa (Gadgeteering) on Codeshare. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

1 Like

Hello Reinhard,
I’m trying to use your ModbusRto client on the FEZ Medusa mini mainboard.
I’m a newbie in Arduino C++ and I have no idea how to instantiate and retrieve the callCallbacks of the client in the Arduino loop{}.
Can you please give an example?
Kind Regards
Roland

@ RoSchmi - You can find my whole source Code here:

It uses the ModbusRtu device lib and the N18 Display by the GHI library.
I did not finish this, and I havn’t work on it for years, so happy digging :smiley:

@ Reinhard Ostermeier - Thanks for the link, however this download page is a little bit curious. The page has redirects to suspicious looking pages and wants me to download and start an .exe file. I’m not willing to do that. I’ll send you a direct message with my e-mail address. I’d be happy if you could send me a zip of the source code.
Kind regards
Roland

Well, like on all file share platforms the download button you are looking fore is well hidden.
I made an upload to my own Webspace now:
http://aarpg.net/downloads/MedusaTest.zip

@ Reinhard Ostermeier - got it, thanks.

@ Reinhard Ostermeier -
Hello Reinhard, it’s not so easy for me (C++ beginner) to dig through your code but I think that I can learn a lot. However, in your .zip I found only the libraries Program.cpp and ModbusRtu.cpp. It would be helpful to additionally see the Arduino Sketch ( .ino file) to see how the functions are called and how the messages are read to be used in the main program.
Another question: Did you use the Arduino IDE for programming ? Which means did you use for debugging?

I think I used VIsual Studio with some Kind of plugin.
The only files I dedited are included in the zip. All you Need is there.
In short: you implement the callback Interface I have created in proghram.cpp and implement it’s functions.
How the .ino stuff calls any other stuff I don’t know. This Project was the 1st and last time I used Arduiono.
It’s hottible stuff.

@ Reinhard Ostermeier - Thanks, you propably used the Visual micro plugin. Then I’ll try this too. The Arduino IDE without intellisense and breakpoints is really hard for someone beeing used to program C# with Visual Studio.

About MedusaMini and Debugging:
You can’t. it’s not supported (I guess).
Also there is only one UART.
So as soon as the program runs, the UART is used for the MODBUS RTU.

Got it running, works great!
Made a project to show how it can be used from an Arduino Sketch.
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/1102

2 Likes