Main Site Documentation

Project - Game-O Alien Invaders


#1

I just posted Game-O Alien Invaders on Codeshare. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.


#2

This was one of my favorite games when i was growing up :slight_smile: Thanks to you, I can now play it again. Thanks for sharing.


#3

Nice job!


#4

Great game!


#5

Hmmm… Trying to run it in my emulator and getting out of memory exception. Did you try to run it in an emulator? (Ignore all “unsupported” exceptions during startup)

I have one suggestion for improvement. Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore is one of the “expensive” assemblies to use. You only reference it for EventHandler delegate. I would define my own delegate and would remove the reference completely.


#6

@ taylorza - Top-notch! Performance looks really good. Looking forward to playing with this.


#7

@ Architect - I have not tried it on the emulator, I will give that a shot and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip on the Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore, I will look at removing that… Going to download your emulator now.

@ Gus, @ Ianlee74 & @ devhammer - Thanks!


#8

@ Architect - I just tried running it in the emulator, but the emulator crashes with an Access Violation, there is no useful stacktrace info, I will probably need to get the code for the core emulator libraries and trace into that.

I will look into it, but just thought I would mention it in case you have faced this before. Btw. this is after ignoring all the NotSupportedExceptions.


#9

Yeah, I had that too right after the out of memory exception.


#10

@ Architect - I had made the change you suggested regarding the TinyCore assembly and was not getting an OutOfMemoryException.


#11

I had that change locally as well, but still getting out of memory exception and then Access Violation in the emulator. I assume access violation is a side effect of the out of memory exception.

This is just for your information.


#12

I have changed RAM settings in emulatorconfig to 192K. For some reason it was set to 175K. It runs fine now.

Correct setting: