Project - Gadgeteer 4.3 Module for MAX31865 RTD IC

I just posted Gadgeteer 4.3 Module for MAX31865 RTD IC on Codeshare. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

Can you provide the code for the microframework 4.2? I have some trouble to translate from 4.3. :smiley: :smiley:

@ rbrainard - If you’re still around… I’m working on a custom module that uses this IC and felt very lucky to see that you’ve already developed this driver. However, so far I’m not having luck. There are some things which I think are inconsistencies between your documentation and the code.

Your documentation shows the following pinouts:

Pin5: CS
Pin6: DataReady
Pin7: MOSI
Pin8: MISO
Pin9: SCK

However, your code shows this where param0 is the “irqPin” and parm1 is the “csPin”. The numbering seems reversed from the pinout above.

void ProgramStarted()
{
    MAX31865_Instance.Initialize(GT.Socket.Pin.Five, GT.Socket.Pin.Six, config);
}

Also, in Initialize() there is this line which references pin #4 which isn’t mentioned in your pinout description. Can you tell me what you’re using pin #4 for?

// Initialize Chip Enable Port
_csPin = GTI.DigitalOutputFactory.Create(_socket, Socket.Pin.Four, true, this);

BTW, if I get this working I’ve got a module coming your way.

Thanks!

Ian

@ ianlee74 - Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I am about to start work on integrating this chip into my project tomorrow and I am starting to wonder if it is going to be as easy as I first thought (when I found this module driver)…

I haven’t had time to get back to it. Some of the problems were found to be with my PCB. Communications looks to be good now but still not getting readings. You can follow that progress in this thread.

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=21199

I still think the chip is probably going to work fine but something still isn’t right with my setup. If you want a clean test, I would recommend picking up a proven board such as the one on PlayingWithFusion:

Or if you want to help debug mine, I’ll be glad to send you one. Just PM me.

@ ianlee74 - I have one of these http://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Maxim-Integrated/MAX31865EVKIT/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsDsvR9Yj%2Fex5dljV%2Fl4InA just arrived so I will try it first (plan to use spi only so hopefully I can figure the pinouts). If I get it working properly and have time after I would gladly run a comparison /debug against your board…