Project - EmBlocks template for RLP in G120

I just posted EmBlocks template for RLP in G120 on Codeshare. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

10 Likes

Thanks Simon. That is really useful.

@ Simon - is it possible to upload a demo/example to show how to use the template? It would useful for users new to RLP like me writing one for the first time

I think there is a sample RLP function in the project.
For the C# part, just follow any RLP sample in the GHI Documentation or codeshare.
Here is one with 4.2 for G120 (C part was made with yagarto)
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/843

I have updated Codeshare and uploaded:

• EmBlocks templates for every GHI offering: EMX, G120, G400, Cerberus and Hydra (this one is untested, though)
  • Sample VisualStudio projects to get started with.

Finally, ÎĽVision can go to the Museum of Badly Designed Software.

Extensive RLP tutorial is also coming…

5 Likes

What’s the address of the museum, will send mine too :wink:

Although for RLP i use VS2010 with resharper c++ EAP version. ReSharper C++ : The Visual Studio Extension for C++ Development

Was using uVision for 8bit MCU project only, but this week replaced by Silabs Simplicity IDE.

Thanks for your contribution!

@ simon - Looking forward to the tutorial

Thanks @ Simon for the contribution. I don’t know if I will ever need RLP but I have installed the toolset and was able to successfully get the G400 example working on my Raptor the first time! So now everything is in place if I ever come up with something that needs it.

If I would like to setup template for DL40 (Cortex M0), then all I have to change is memory.ld file, Device* to cortex-m0 and include LPC11xx.h?

Nice to hear :slight_smile:

Actually, no. RLP is a very stripped-down version of embedded development, so it lacks many necessary files (like startup, full memory configuration and others). Your best option is probably to create a completely new project. Go to File->New->Project, follow the wizard, select LPC11xx as target, and you [em]almost [/em]good to go. Almost, because:

• The wizard includes file startup_LPC11xx.s, which it cannot compile. However, it is not needed, just delete it.
  • edit gcc_arm.ld file to reflect your actual memory size (don’t remember what does LPC1114 has).

I notice that there is problem with startup file. Thanks for info.