Problems with XBee Pro

Hi!

I have Troubles using XBee Pro Digimesh with USB-Powered ChipworkX-Board! If the XBee Pro Module receives Data, the Board resets itself - could it be, that it gets too less power over USB?

Thanks.

Regards, Andi

I think weak power. Use external power pack.

And what could it be, if I take external power supply - that the system does not reset any more, but it hangs up after a few seconds?

I turned down Power Mode of the XBee Pro Module (From Highest to Low) and deactivated RSSI PWM Indicator and Status Indicator LED - then it works fine!?

Strange things happen here :slight_smile: - any ideas?

With kind regards.

Andi

EDIT: I have troubles if I first plug in USB and then the external power supply. Other way round is no Problem regarding XBee, but my USB Port is not able to recognise the device (for debugging)…

Are you using the GHI delivered power pack ?

Xbee modules can increase up to 800mA consumption, which is not few !

[quote]I have troubles if I first plug in USB and then the external power supply. Other way round is no Problem regarding XBee, but my USB Port is not able to recognise the device (for debugging)…
[/quote]

We had an issue where in rare cases USB does not work if the system was powered through external power. This was fixed in the latest firmware. But not the way around. I am afraid that the external power you are using is causing some glitches on the power bus, or it might be weak.