Is this a case of you get what you pay for?
“PLA only (no heat bed)” is this a big detriment?
[quote]The Printrbot Simple is an exercise in 3D printing minimalism. It includes only what is needed to get started in the world of 3D printing. After building this kit you’ll have a fully-functioning 3D printer that weighs only 5 lbs and fits nicely on your desk
Please note! the Printrbot is a kit and not for beginners! You’ll get all the parts to assemble your own 3D printer but it does require some technical expertise, time and effort to assemble.
Features of the Printrbot Simple Kit:
- The 2014 model comes standard with Aluminum Extruder and Aluminum print bed
- 0.1mm resolution (and beyond)
- 100mm cube of printing volume (~4″ cube)
- Printrboard electronics
- PLA only (no heat bed)
- Ubis 1.75mm Hotend
- 200lb. test fishing line - the X & Y “belts”
- 12v 6A laptop style power supply
- Outer dimensions: 7″ x 8″ x 9″
~5.25lb total weight
Sample of 1.75mm PLA filament
Fan and end stops included
Laser cut wood parts are standard 1/4″ (6mm) thick[/quote]