Place buttons on T35 and react

I’m trying to place buttons on the touchscreen of display T35 but didn’t the way to do this.
Are there no methods to display button(s) on the display and then create button_pressed events and handle it??
Is there a possibility to show a keypad with a textarea which allows the user to type a text which appears then in the textarea??

There are many possibilities.

NETMF comes with WPF. But unlike the win WPF there is no XAML, you need to create your UI in code. Just create an new App with VS (not the console one) and you have all you need to start.

You also could use GLIDE. It’s an open source project started by GHI:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/glide

Hi,
Last year I made a little application for the Spider Mainboard using the T35 and Glide as a keypad, may be that it can be helpful.
It was made with NETMF 4.1 and must be adopted to 4.2
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/568
There should be other examples on Code Share.

Offers Glide ready keypads and buttons?
@ RoSchmi: I downloaded your example but get the message s. attachment. I don’t know what it means in English but maybe you understand german or somebody else understand the error.

Do I have to install glide before trying your example??

You don’t have to install GLIDE.
Normaly you just add the references to the dll(s).
But the GLIDE dll’s must be combiled against the Firmware Version you using.
I would recommend to download the latest sources from GLIDE (it’s on codeplex I think) and compile it yourself.
Then you add the dll as reference to your Project.

About the Compiler error:
I’m German as well, and this error might mean that an so called Extension method (this are static methods where the 1st Parameter is a class prefix with ‘tihis’ is defined in a generic class (must be a static class)
But I don’t think the files where the arrors are thrown are part of GLIDE, I think it’s part of the sample you trying to use.

I would start with a simple sample from the GLIDE docs.

And yes, GLIDE has Buttons. It even has a Virtual Keyboard, text boxes, Touch calibration, Listbox, …

I am German too.
I used this class ByteExentsion of Pete Brown. Try to exchange in this class each:
#if MF_FRAMEWORK_VERSION_V4_1
against
#if MF_FRAMEWORK_VERSION_V4_2

Do I have to download the components separate and then add them in the resources??
Sorry for the question but what is dll??
How can I compile and add?

Download the latest sources of GLIDE from codeplex.
http://netmfglide.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest
Download button (link) is just under the ‘issues’ button

It contains a VS solution.
Open it, select RELEASE in toolbar and build it.
In the Output Folder (bin/release) wou will find the glide dll (it’s a library file)
Then open your NETMF Project, rightclick the references node in solution Explorer and select add reference.
A window Pops up, choose ‘browse’
Navigate to the glide dll and add it.
You have successfully added an external library to your Project, and you can use any public classes of it as if they where in your own Project :slight_smile:

What do you mean with
"Open it, select RELEASE in toolbar and build it." Open VS?
Could you say me what RELEASE is in german?

I meant:
open the Glide.sln file with VS
The select Release as build configuration in VS. (not sure what it’s called in German, I always use VS in English, because the Errors are more cleare then and easier to search for on Internet)
There is usually a Dropdown box in toolbar. If you use the Express Edition it might net be there, but that’s not that important.
After you have built GLIDE, the Glide.dll file is in a subfolder of the bin Directory (which is a Sub Folder of the Glide solution).
The subfolder of bin is called the same as the build configuration, which are usually Debug and Release.

I open the Glide.sln but then
"The select Release as build configuration in VS. (not sure what it’s called in German, I always use VS in English, because the Errors are more cleare then and easier to search for on Internet)
There is usually a Dropdown box in toolbar. If you use the Express Edition it might net be there, but that’s not that important.“
I don’t understand this part. I use VS Premium.
After you have built GLIDE, the Glide.dll file is in a subfolder of the bin Directory (which is a Sub Folder of the Glide solution). Dou you mean “Erstellen”–> " Glide erstellen” (s. att.)
The d… file is alread there. (s. attachment)

Ok:
now you open your solution in VS.
Then you open Solution Manager (the window where all files of your Project are listed)
There is an entry called References (may be Referenzen, Abhängigkeiten …? in German)
richt click it and select add Reference (something with hinzufügen)
A window Pops up where you can select between different Tabs. One says Browse … (Durchsuchen may be)
There you can brows the files on your Computer: Go the …\glide\bin\release and select the …Glide.dll

You could also check the VS docs for adding reference (Referenzen hinzufügen)

Ok. References means Verweise. I added the dll file to the references. But what then? How does work the compiler?
After have added the dll I tried the first sample:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/glide/example/3
I created a project with only the FEZ Spider and then inserted the code in the example. Then I added again the dll file to the references but it still doesn’t work although GHIElectronics.NETMF.Glide is in References available. I can import the package but get an error.

OK,
Looks like you have multiple Main-methods in your Project now.
Every Project Needs a starting Point.
for NETMF it’s a static method called Main().
Propably you have two classes mith a Main() method, remove tho one you don’t Need (or comment it out)

No, I didn’t change the namespace but after that now another error:
Fehler 1 Ein partial-Modifizierer in der Deklaration des Typs ‘GlideTest3.Program’ fehlt. Es ist eine andere partielle Deklaration dieses Typs vorhanden.

What is with compiler?? Was that only adding to the references??

does the example work without modul?? What should be the output? What shoul deliver the prgram??

have alook for methods with the keyword ‘partial’
I havent’t worked with GLIDE for a while, but I think the error Messages are quite clear. If you have the code in front of you you should be able to see it!?

The program should run in Emulator as well.
I’m not sure which sample you are trying to use, but this one:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/glide/example/3
should work quite simple.

Therefor you only Need the reference to the glide.dll and a program.cs with the Content of the sample in the link above.

I opened a new discussion in Glide.
Thank you very much for your help!

your welcome Bitte schön 8)