OT Grid system

If you had a virtual 3D grid for mechanical (such as frames, components, motor mounts, etc) Would you rather see a mod 1cm grid or 1" grid (e.g. mod .25"). tia

William:
What is the OT stand for?

Can we have something like universal grid system that we can accommodate to both East & West measure system?
The components, mounting system, etc. are produced from various part of of the world!!

sam

OT = Off Topic.

William,

How about making it configurable? Are you making an editor of some sort?

Thanks Architect! :smiley:

At this point, it is just a thought experiment. It occurs to me, that there is really nothing between legos and 80/20 (the industrial erector set) for making frames, robots, arms, prototypes, etc. Once you get passed legos and erector set parts, your pretty much in DIY world. It seems there is a need for a mini-80/20 style system. Where all the parts (i.e. beams, corners, pivots, brackets, etc) are designed around a 3d grid on 1" centers. So regarless what you create everything will eventually connect. You can then apply the grid to all sensors and component housings for mechanical plug-in-play. I don’t know what the market is currently, but would seem that could be a growth area. I am guessing metric grid if you had to pick one.

Have you looked at vex?