OledDisplay ERROR : Painting error

We hope in few days.

Been waiting to use this thing for 2 months. :frowning:

In honesty I usually lose a good month of my life to the PC whenever I get a new GHI product. With the Hydra I’ve really only spent a few hours on it in the nearly 3 months that I’ve had it.

I remember promises of 240MHz becoming enabled, full motion video, and ZIP support. http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/12/4891/#/5/

I’d settle for all of the ([italic]supported[/italic]) modules I bought working. :smiley:

When you see the announcement in few days you will be happy this was delayed :slight_smile:

Edit: a note about what you said, we never promised video or zip. With said, I was looking the old video decoding project on the weekend :slight_smile: The code is there, just needs couple updates. I wish days were 100 hours instead of 24 :wall:

Actually you said [quote]I already have zip algo in c# and c++. Plus png support. I can share it![/quote], but no worries. :smiley:

Not trying to harp…just impatient to play with my awesome toy. ;D

I’ve started diving through the device code looking into what it will take to get this thing running at the full 240MHz instead of 83%.

I meant I can share with you, not make it an official feature in firmware.

240Mhz is possible for sure but with limitations on specific things. This is not top priority but GHI or the community (you) will get to it sooner or later.

Sweet :smiley:

@ Gus

Preliminary test with ellipse and some text work fine with the beta firmware update you released 17th february.

Good job.

Is this a firmware issue?
If so is there a working release?

The working on is under beta forum. An official non beta release come in few days.

Ugh. Gus, after your helping me upgrade my Hydra at MADExpo, and geting my actual windows machine up to date, I finally got the OLEDDisplay to render text on the screen in the for and color specified, however the image in mirrored and the x,y coordinates are way off. sigh. I think Gadeteer just might not be for me. :frowning:

We are here to help, on forum or in person :slight_smile: Can you please provide info/code so we can test on our end?

Also, have you seen the release we did today for 4.2?

No, I downloaded 4.2 yesterday, but downgraded my firmware to 4.1 today because I didnt see any 4.2 support from Seeed.

Seed didn’t the 4.2 updates but we did and we included them in the SDK that was just released http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7982

It is beta so there maybe some issues here or there but we are around the clock so just let us know how we can assist.

Can I just uninstall the GHI 4.2 package or do I need to uninstall and reinstall the msft 4.2 also?

you meed Microsoft 4.2 QFE1 this is important

Then you need to uninstall all GHI stuff and reinstall the GHI package.

I installed QFE1 yesterday.

Nope. This is as bad as the 4.1 OledDisplay beta in December.

Using mainboard GHI Electronics FEZHydra version 1.2
Program Started
#### Exception System.NullReferenceException - CLR_E_NULL_REFERENCE (1) ####
#### Message:
#### GHI.OSHW.Hardware.Util::BitmapConvertBPP [IP: 0000] ####
#### GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra::BitmapConverter [IP: 0013] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.Seeed.OledDisplay::Paint [IP: 0036] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.Module+DisplayModule+SimpleGraphicsInterface::Redraw [IP: 000b] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.Module+DisplayModule+SimpleGraphicsInterface::.ctor [IP: 0028] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.Module+DisplayModule::get_SimpleGraphics [IP: 000b] ####
#### GadgeteerApp19.Program::Main [IP: 0015] ####
A first chance exception of type ‘System.NullReferenceException’ occurred in GHI.OSHW.Hardware.dll
#### Exception System.NullReferenceException - CLR_E_NULL_REFERENCE (1) ####
#### Message:
#### GHI.OSHW.Hardware.Util::BitmapConvertBPP [IP: 0000] ####
#### GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra::BitmapConverter [IP: 0013] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.Seeed.OledDisplay::Paint [IP: 0036] ####
#### Gadgeteer.Modules.Module+DisplayModule+SimpleGraphicsInterface::Redraw [IP: 000b] ####
#### GadgeteerApp19.Program::ProgramStarted [IP: 0022] ####
#### GadgeteerApp19.Program::Main [IP: 0015] ####
A first chance exception of type ‘System.NullReferenceException’ occurred in GHI.OSHW.Hardware.dll
The thread ‘’ (0x3) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

And this is the line of code:

oledDisplay.SimpleGraphics.DisplayText("Hello World!", Resources.GetFont(Resources.FontResources.small), GT.Color.Magenta, 0, 0);

Same problom here with Cerbuino board