No USB at all

Yes, I set up gadgeteer project and selected hydra mainboard (which shows on screen). Then from toolbox I selected Breadboard_x1 and dropped onto IDE. Next I connected port of Breadboard to Mainboard (all sockets showed green) to port 6.

In code if I enter Breadboard_x1. then I just get list of possible parameters such as setupdigitalio, setupditigaloutput. If I use one of these then I get option to select a pin on the port of the mainboard socket (but not sure which pins relate to Led1, led2 etc)

If I select Breadboad in left dropdown box then the right dropdown box does not show any available events.

This is my code so far…

Imports GT = Gadgeteer
Imports GTM = Gadgeteer.Modules
Imports Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics

Namespace Breadboard
Partial Public Class Program

' This is run when the mainboard is powered up or reset. 
    Public Sub ProgramStarted()
        '*******************************************************************************************
        ' Hardware modules added in the Program.gadgeteer designer view are used by typing 
        ' their name followed by a period, e.g.  button.  or  camera.
        '
        ' Many hardware modules generate useful events. To set up actions for those events, use the 
        ' left dropdown box at the top of this code editing window to choose a hardware module, then
        ' use the right dropdown box to choose the event - an event handler will be auto-generated.
        '*******************************************************************************************/

' Use Debug.Print to show messages in Visual Studio's "Output" window during debugging.
        Debug.Print("Program Started")
        breadBoard_X1.SetupDigitalOutput(Gadgeteer.Socket.Pin.Four, True)

End Sub

' If you want to do something periodically, declare a GT.Timer by uncommenting the below line
    '   and then use the dropdown boxes at the top of this window to generate a Tick event handler.
    ' Dim WithEvents timer As GT.Timer = new GT.Timer(1000)  ' every second (1000ms)

End Class

End Namespace

Andre,
Are you located here in OZ also?

My apologies, I think I get it now after looking at the breadboard. I must put wire links between the port pin sockets and the Leds/button etc and then actually manually write out to the appropriate mainboard port io pin.

I suppose there is a generic event handler for port io pin change that I can use to detect button press.

Maybe I can try one of the other boards that has fixed port pin function and then the software will provide appropriate events etc for it?

Andre,
Your logo has a National icon for our fair land of Oz. Not sure if we have wizards here :slight_smile:

I managed to turn a led on (finally). I note there are no timer components in the toolbox, Do you use thread.sleep or do you manually create a timer component in code?

Thanks for all your help. Now that I have something running, the instructions make sense.

Andre,

I am attempting to set up a declaration for addressing the LED as per the example given but cannot seem to get the syntax correct.

This code works but I want to streamline it

Dim LED1 As GT.Socket.Pin = Gadgeteer.Socket.Pin.Four

breadBoard_X1.SetupDigitalOutput(LED1, True)

This is more like what I want but cannot get the pin of the Breadboard mapped to the LED variable. Do you need to find the pins absolute address ? I assumed you could address the pin by PORT.PIN_NUMBER (like Breadboard_X1.3)

Dim LED As OutputPort = breadBoard_X1.Gadgeteer.Socket.Pin.Four
        LED.Write(True)

hi from down under :slight_smile: I’m Sydney based.

You might be better off starting by looking at any and all VB examples in the codeshare. The equivalent approach in C# would first reserve the socket, and then use the pin from that socket.

I would also start a new thread for “new problem”