Nixie Tube Module

Ahhhh triple post!!!

So cool! Very nice!!! Looking forward to see the demo :slight_smile:

Thanks man, Iā€™m really stoked about it. Itā€™s a shame the music shield is goneā€¦ the entire shield was only $10 more than the IC it uses, and Iā€™ve never soldered SMD before.

And sorry about the rapid fire posts! I was trying to edit and I quoted myselfā€¦ still getting used to this forum.

Meant to post this beforeā€¦ here is one of my earlier builds with the Sparkfun MP3 Trigger.

1 Like

Oh man! I so want one now!

How many music shields do you need?

1 Like

I dunnoā€¦ I have 2 extras right now. I have considered building a few of the radios and selling themā€¦ but it would be more for art than profit as building the interior is time consuming. I know where to get more shields at the momentā€¦ but Iā€™m not spilling the beans that [em]easy [/em]lol.

Check what I have just found.

Thatā€™s pretty rough!!! I do enough wordworking to build a plywood frame for the gutsā€¦ but doing veneer is a bit beyond my skill level. Plus itā€™s worthwhile to find one with a dial that is in good shapeā€¦ here is the first one I built.

Beautiful!

Looks like it needs some TLC!

Yeah, it does. (local craigslist)

Unless you simply enjoy woodworking and have lots of tools/materials already, youā€™d be better off just buying one in nice condition. The guy I built the tombstone radio for shown in an earlier post only paid around $180 for the radio shipped.

And a nice dial really makes the build!

It was just a quick search to see what is out there. I have enough projects at the moment :smiley: May be later :wink:

Yup I didnā€™t figure you were going to run out and buy itā€¦ just saying I see gorgeous ones going pretty cheap on eBay all the timeā€¦ and a TON of them are from your side of the country. I have to force myself not to look or Iā€™d have a closet full of them.

Anywaysā€¦ I can definitely see some ways to use Nixie tubes in these things! Hopefully I can get the driver done early next month.

Wow! These are hot on eBay. Check this one out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zenith-7-S-232-Walton-Tombstone-Tube-Radio-VERY-NICE-/181080202488?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a29389cf8

Current bid: $1,325.00

WOW. I really donā€™t know what makes certain models so valuable. I guess rarity and desirability, like anything else. This one just went for $153, and would make a cool project radio.