News about TinyCLR (2.0)

there’s a certain time no news about TinyCLR (version 2.0 - all peoples became mute - voiceless)

• what device is minimum
  • what will include
  • did is possible to use old (arduino harwares , Wiz5100, Wiz5500, Enc26j80 etc .)
  • what about TLS 1.2 :smiley:
  • scheduled roadmap
1 Like

Yes I’m quite worried too… in more than 8 month no updates at all…:woozy_face:

I am surprised you guys waited for so long to ask! A lot has happened internally. Here is the short version of the story: ST surprised everyone and discontinued the WiFi module, so we had to rethink the hardware strategy. While doing that and planning for 2.0 we found a chance to make major changes. Finally, we realized that supporting multiple platforms has greatly slowed us down and decided to have a sharper focus. This time we are only involving private beta testers and will only release what is new when we have a complete story.

Of course, everything is still under our longevity policy so if you are a commercial customer you do not need to worry. Even better, get in touch with us and we can give you more insider info.

2 Likes

… but it is a great strength of TinyClr !

1 Like

“Sharper focus” as in supporting a specific Cortex e.g. M7 ? or supporting a specific vendor chip e.g. STM32F7 ?

The WiFi chip was NRND early in 2018 - very unfortunate.

1 Like

As much as I hate doing this. We can’t disclose anything without an NDA and a good reason.

this is a bad news

seems nothing open source like TinyCLR 1.0

Sad, but I understand the difficulties GHI is facing … The market is very confusing, too many CPU/MCU, many (too many) standards, iot, security and whatever. Now it is difficult to focus on Cortex-Mx becouse any firm is only compatible on the paper.
Anyway it’s not a bad idea to focus on a specific mcu, like STM32 for example, it is a complete line of MCU and now is approaching also multi-core market (ok ST is starting now…:thinking:).

1 Like

We enjoy working with the community and getting support for every device however there are commercial customers that are paying the bills. We have to satisfy their commerical needs to continue our success story.

4 Likes

I would like to reiterate here that we are going to release more details about what is being done, For now, this info is only shared under NDA with commercial users. Please do not any assumptions just yet.

Of course, everything is still under our longevity policy so if you are a commercial customer you do not need to worry. Even better, get in touch with us and we can give you more insider info.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@Justin You will be surprised to see what emails we receive! We are happy to help and disclose details if it helps a real need. Otherwise, it is better to wait to get the full announcement so there is no miscommunication.

:thinking:

So quite here …

Let start someone say something :smiley:

4 Likes

lol, I am just waiting for TLS on my G120’s and G400’s… they could be brought back from the dead!

So no news?
I’m warried for TinyClr: is it becoming depracated …:cold_sweat:?

1 Like

I think Gus has been reasonably open. The next phase will be quiet, and will take place in NDA-covered discussions only. That’s reflected in qhat you see here.

1 Like

Exactly what Brett said, sorry can’t share more.

I guess as long as we know ‘something’ is happening that’s the main point.

So all good!