New to .NetMicroFrame and FEZ.... any suggestions

static void Main(string[] args)
{
Console.WriteLine(“Hello World”);
}
:slight_smile:
Hi Fellow Programmers… I was thinking of buying the FEZ Ulimate kit… looks neat with touch screen and all … does anybody have any suggestions on Kit or similar kits?

Ultimate kit is a great place to start.

Gday Alex,
you can start with any of the Fez line, depending on what you might want to do. Ultimate is a great small-scale enthusiast kit, Cobra if you might want to get in to bigger and better things (like bigger networking and display capability), or Panda (or Panda II) if you just want some bare-bones IO. But whatever you choose, you’ll be able to find the things you want here.

My opinion - get that ultimate kit. I have it and teach classes using it. It has enough to keep you learning for a long time.

Thanks Guys for the info… :slight_smile:

One more thing… I saw Microsoft Press has a book about the .Net MicroFramework… is the book out of date… has the libraries changed alot since then 2007/08 when book was published?

I’ve got Jens Kuhner’s netmf book (2nd edition) from apress. But I do find that I hardly refer to it now, and I used the tinyclr.com eBook mainly in the early stages, so the relevance of a book isn’t high for me. I found it cheap, new, on ebay otherwise i probably wouldn’t have bothered.

Thanks Brett… :slight_smile:

Just stick with the tinyclr ebook, it covers most (all?) the things you need to know.

You guys are forgetting the most important page for NETMF … it has everything you need FREE Support – GHI Electronics

Thanks… Blue Hair Bob, Brett, Gus, and Robert for sharing this with me and the community… :slight_smile:

The eBook is about all you need. I cannot recommend either the Microsoft or Jens book.

Once you get beyond the scope of the eBook… the other books are not really going to help you anyway.

+1 [quote]Once you get beyond the scope of the eBook… the other books are not really going to help…
[/quote]

Thanks…MarkH, and EricH… cant wait to get my FEZ!!!