New GUI and Controls

I mean the problem with the InsertAt() making copies of the 1st item instead of actually inserting the new item.

Whoops! Forgot about that one, it’s fixed now. :wink:

@ Gus - Thanks! :smiley: The most amazing bit was controlling my PC from a different room now that I got that Bluetooth stuff working, thanks for that!

You da man!

So, you wrote a NETMF RDC client??? :wink:

Am writing, yes. :wink:

You are one ambitious guy :slight_smile: Can’t wait to try that out!

Any luck with the PictureBox problem?

Yup, I’m a dope and there were several issues. It will all be fixed when I send out the next one.

…Now back to work on context menus :smiley:

Cool. I got around it by putting a panel inside a panel. :slight_smile:

Just need to finish updating HitTest and touch methods for expanded items and ContextMenu is done. Not really sure what to do w/ it design wise beyond the normal.

Open to suggestions.

Personally, I don’t think the PC form factor menus work very well for touch and they look rather antiquated. I’m going for more of a smartphone feel. Could you add an option for the pop-up menus to be full screen and slide left/right as you go into submenus? I’m basically using the AppBar for this now but if I needed more than one-level menus this would be insufficient.

I actually based it off android tablet menus. I can do it both ways though.

Interesting. Which tablet & version? I haven’t used Android tablets much but I don’t ever recall seeing that type of menu.

It’s an ASUS android tablet. Didn’t have context menus that I saw but it did sport normal drop downs.

Haha guess I pushed a few buttons putting my phone down and did a quick reply.

@ Skewworks - I got the Pacman working. Something causes it to hang up every once in a while that must be due to a Tinkr thread because it didn’t do that before. Not a problem though for demos since I’ll only play a few seconds. I had to modify the Pacman game quite a bit to allow it to offset drawing from (0,0) so that it would center in the CP7 screen. This made me think that it would be really nice if Tinkr included a Canvas control that could act as a Bitmap drawing surface and whatever was drawing on that surface would see top left as (0,0). I’m adding some graphs on top of Tinkr next and they could benefit from this also.

If possible, could you shoot me a new build tomorrow as soon as possible? I want to shoot a video and get a blog post out tomorrow night and would like to incorporate some of your latest changes. How do you create your CP7 screenshots? They don’t appear to be photos.

@ ianlee74 - it’s funny you should mention that since I spent yesterday updating the Picturebox for that purpose :slight_smile:

My screen captures are done on an emulator. NETMF comes with a bunch of samples including an emulator which I modified to be the right size and changed it to have 3 buttons like the CP7 screen.

[quote=“Skewworks”]
@ ianlee74 - it’s funny you should mention that since I spent yesterday updating the Picturebox for that purpose :)[/quote]
Awesome!

That would make a nice CodeShare addition :wink:

Cleaned up and in CodeShare: http://www.tinyclr.com/codeshare/entry/545

1 Like

Love it!

WOOT! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Textboxes and VirtualKeys are about to become a whole lot faster!

Calculating the caret position inside multiline text is a pain in the butt w/ NETMF. But my new code makes giant headway. Instead of getting a fix on the caret every single time you type a character it is now done as follows:

1. Determine start/end characters for every line at startup
  2. Grab initial caret position
  3. Update X by added width every time a single character is entered and simply wrap to next line reset when X exceeds width
  4. Update on .Text set.

Seems simple enough, but it saves a lot of cycles when typing. :slight_smile:

Test Results:
Finds caret in–
First run: 31ms
After: 11ms