New GUI and Controls

You mean the app bar that was included in the stuff I sent you yesterday that supports icons, menus, and can be docked on any of the four sides? :slight_smile:

:frowning: I didnā€™t get far enough to even realize it was in my version. Having too much fun with the other controls. Adios! Gotta go play with the AppBar!

Itā€™s under Tinkr.Controls.Extended I believe. Have fun w it! Only 3 more business day at my day job before I dedicate 2wks to Skewworks.

Awesome! Iā€™ll keep working on my wish list :wink: So, how long before Skewworks becomes your day job?

As soon as I can actually make a living from it :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sure a grand idea will hit me eventually.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure itā€™ll happen. Youā€™ve got some great talent. Iā€™m having a blast with Tinkr. Youā€™ve made GUI development on a FEZ as easy as WinForms dev.

Emailing you my bug list for the night soonā€¦

Congrats - Iā€™m about to do the same thing myself.

Will start playing with the new bits as soon as I can to give some feedback!

The screen shots above look great.

Itā€™s not a brand new idea, but one that hasnā€™t been executed well so far. Itā€™s something that Iā€™ve had on my to-do list for a while now and donā€™t have the bandwidth to finish anytime soon - be glad to share and help bring it to market. Shoot me an email and can discuss particulars with you. steve at stevepresley dot net

@ Ian - Thanks for the latest bug list, you can fix the rendering issue by adding your controls to the panel instead of on top of it. Itā€™s still a rendering glitch which I will address. Hopefully I should have all of your stuff done this weekend. Thanks for the great testing! :slight_smile:

@ Steve - Iā€™ll shoot you off an email shortly.

@ skewworks - my pleasure. Canā€™t wait to get home and play with it some more. Tonight I want to try and put the PacMan game in the middle of the screen within a CP7. Have you looked into that yet. Any problems anticipated with rendering more native graphics inside of Tinkr?

I havenā€™t looked into much, I still have so many controls left to create and bugs to fix.

Iā€™d suggest rendering to TinkCore.Screen; though any controls rendering will overwrite your image unless theyā€™re outside the bounds, suspended, or not on the ActiveContainer.

Iā€™ve already implemented your feature request for different fonts for Time/Menus on the Appbar (which you can close by pressing the ā€œā€¦ā€ again btw) and now Iā€™m working on the new Prompt. It comes with the following options as default (OK, OKCancel, YesNo, YesNoCancel, AbortRetry, AbortRetryCancel). Iā€™ll definitely look into having custom buttons on it, though Iā€™m not sure exactly how Iā€™ll handle that just yet since it returns an enum of PromptResult.

Awesome. I should finish up the rest of the project by tomorrow night and will make a video on Sunday. If you can send me the latest & greatest assemblies tomorrow, that would be great. If you have a Git branch or something I can pull from with daily updates, that would be even better :slight_smile:

Skew, Iā€™ve been eyeballing your controls for some time now, and the longer my project is shelved, the better your controls get!

Question: Is it possible to change the look of the controls? Dare I suggest skinning?

Most of the controls have a lot of options.

Buttons for example you can change: GradientTop, GradientBottom, TextColor, Border Color and all of those same options again for Pressed State + font & show/hide border.

Checkboxes & Radiobuttons are completely unskinnable.

What exactly are you looking to be able to change?

@ Ian - As requestedā€¦

2 fonts for Appbar
Picture of expanded Appbar
Customizable buttons on Prompt

Also Prompt now supports ā€œiconā€ which is really any sized image you like placed to the left.

All shadows are manually drawn using 34 DrawRectangle commands and ShadowRegion is now available from TinkrCore.Instance

2 Likes

Wow! Beautiful !!! :clap:

@ Skewworks - This looks really good!

Thanks guys! Itā€™s worth noting those are all screen grabs from the emulator not hand drawn.

I also have a wait dialog based on these prompts, but itā€™s animated and static image doesnā€™t really show it off :slight_smile:

I went through at least a dozen hand draw designs to get to this one, including a ā€œglassā€ Windows Vista style one w/ a semi-transparent gradient, but I just couldnā€™t make it look good on a solid black background so I scrapped it.

Oooooh! Iā€™ll add some of my own screen shots later :wink:

What about the ListBox problem. Has that been resolved?

Just add it to the panel for now instead of the form, itā€™s a z-index ordering issue. May take me a bit to fix.

Wow skewworks, this is amazing.