New forum design looks great!

I am excited to see the rest of it. It really does look good!

Oh, and new Avatars too!

I don’t like it, I prefer the old one.

I really like the unread messages page… Really easy to see a large number all at once.

I’m assuming this new design will will filter out to the rest of the site.

-Eric

The new page colors appear a little washed out to me, but i really like how the new border lines enclose content that belongs together. Much easier than the old layout where very slight color differences between messages are so easy to miss it was hard to know who wrote what sometimes.

Good job guys.

To be honestly, I’m in doubt. I liked the old layout very much but this one is also pretty nice, especially clean…the old layout was a bit more colorful

Keep on the feedback coming. This is your chance to ask for changes. Of course we have to make sure everyone is happy so not all requests can be met :slight_smile:

Wow, I was surprised Josh rolled it out today. I have been watching it go up for the past 2 weeks…

I do mis a “unread topics” button inside a topic. If you are just reading a topic, it’s enough to press the browsers back button to go back to the unread list, but after replying to a topic, you have to click at least 3 times to go back to the unread list…

Look Great!
I like it. Very Nice, and Clean. Easy to read.

One comment though, When I first came in to Home > Forum, and try to get to the topic like General Discussion. I thought that the button on the left would do the job when I clicked at it.
But it didn’t!

I wish that the buttons on the Forum will function just like the button in the sub topics.

Great job! Thanks. :clap:

I find the text harder to read …

The format is now t o o w i d e t o c o m f o r t a b l y r e a d .

To make it worse the width is fixed so you can just reduce the width of the page. When a page is too wide it is very difficult to read. Every wonder why books are only so wide with a given size margin and text and why newspapers, which are wider, break things down into columns? Because printers have learned over the past 500+ years that we read better that way.

I love the new format on my pc but on my phone it is very hard to read because of how wide the page is. Maybe allow resizing

Hello Josh and all who worked on this new desgin.

when i just refreshed my TinyCLR i was very surprised about the cool looking site.

Only after some reading of of the threads i follow i start losing my concentration and focus on the text. Like Jeff_Birt already good said, most likely it has something to do with the to witdh of the message blocks. Also is it possible to make the chars a little bit bigger then now?

Looking at the list of new message I find it difficult to read for me … i think the height can be some pixels more so that there is more space between the items.

Please note that i’m not saying the old one was better, i only suggestion is to just do some fine tuning.

This is just my 2 cents of feelings, i know designing of a webpage like this is very hard to do. And it is most appreciated all the work you guys do for the community.

Greetings
Niels

I liked to keep the side panel like it was before but Chris suggested we removed it and I think Josh liked the idea. I still want the panel back :frowning:

[quote]I love the new format on my pc but on my phone it is very hard to read because of how wide the page is. Maybe allow resizing
[/quote]

Maybe m.tinyclr.com for a stripped-down mode, or a different CSS stylesheet that kicks in on a mobile user-agent?

I’m going to narrow down the center column. I’m starting to agree that it’s too wide. It won’t however resurrect the side panel… sorry (muahaha).

Unread posts is hosed.

The gradient background behind the text is pretty, but I wonder if they contribute to eye strain and makes it more difficult to focus on the text as one reads down the line.

I like the new design :clap:

Let’s wait for all the pages being modified with the new design and the suggestions implemented in it.

Anyway, that’s a good start, to me. Again : :clap:

[quote]To be honestly, I’m in doubt. I liked the old layout very much but this one is also pretty nice, especially clean…the old layout was a bit more colorful
[/quote]

I was very surprised when I just opened the forum.
To be honest it is VERY modern and pretty damn neat! Good work Josh and crew!

I have to agree with those though who think it’s too hard to read. It’s hard to focus on a post to be honest.

Very nice work, but you might want to look at your colors :wink: