So I have looked on the forum and see that I need to update ssl seed. So I tried using the FEZ Config -> Deployment (Advanced) -> Update SSL Seed button. When done, I still get the error.
Then I tried using the Microsoft deployment tool (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Tools\MFDeploy.exe) It says:
Updating SSL seed…
Still no success (I have restarted/repowered/… no change)
So I tried again and the tool said:
Updating SSL seed…
I also have tried to add the certifciate (pxf) with it’s password but that didn’t change anything as well.
// connect to server
// get data stream
if (this.serverUri.Scheme == WSConst.SchemeWSS)
this.socketStream = new SslStreamEx(this.socket);
this.socketStream = new NetworkStream(this.socket, true);
// go to next state
this.subState = SubState.SendHandshake;
@ IwantToKnowItAll - I see you are using my Web Socket Client code from codeplex. The code you quoted in your comment above uses my SslStreamEx class, which is a thin wrapper around the Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security.SslStream class.
A couple of months ago, I tried to upgrade this code to use NETMF 4.3, but ran into the same issue with the AuthenticateAsClient method.
public class SslStreamEx : Stream
#region Constructors and IDispose
public SslStreamEx(Socket socket)
this.sslStream = new SslStream(socket);
public void AuthenticateAsClient(string targetHost)
private SslStream sslStream;
@ IwantToKnowItAll - It should work on 4.3. Perhaps someone on this forum will provide a suggestion. Regarding going back to 4.2, you need to downgrade everything (TinyBooter, the GHI firmware, all the project references, etc) in order to go back to 4.2. I think I tried that and it worked, but I’m not 100% sure.
@ IwantToKnowItAll - I’ve got the connectingthedots running over an SSL connection via AMQP and communicating with AzureServiceBus just kind of fine. I had that message as well and after an error return in MFDeploy SSL Feed update I tried to do it with FezConfig that returned in itself no response at all. Returning to MfDeploy and clicking the update again resulted in a Completed OK message.
After that it ran fine. I used the R5 SDK from GHI, so 188.8.131.52 netmf is on 184.108.40.206 and gadgeteer is on 220.127.116.11.