.NET Clix

Tom:

Are you planning to expand the Developers Guide for Clix?

I was looking through the manual, and I noticed that there was not any information provided on the suite of controls. At least a list should be provided.

@ Mike, yes & no.

Right now the list of controls is on the product page.

No; I won’t be adding them to the developers guide.
However,
YES they will get their own document which outlines every property & procedure for each individual control.

The reason for keeping them separate is simply to cut down the work. If the core changes and not the controls, or the other way around, I only have one doc to contend with. :wink:

Look for the new doc next week, along with swipe controls. (Which I added a demo of in code.tinyclr.com; don’t worry I’m already improving it.)

WHAT! … IT’S NOT ALL IN THE SAME DOCUMENT! :smiley:

I guess I could live with two documents…

Have a good holiday…

Haha, thanks Mike, you too!

Speaking of docs… Given a choice, if I could only have one or the other, I’d rather have developer notes than a class reference - I usually use the msdev object browser as a class reference anyway (assuming the library has public summary/params comments).

I spent a bunch of time last weekend fighting with SD card-related issues that (mostly) ended up being caused by me trying to do stuff like switching from usb-client mass storage <-> persistant storage in a callback from a glide/gadgeteer button press. Once I figured that out and made sure to let the stack unwind all the way out of my code before making changes, everything started working as-expected.

So, anyway, examples & notes on how this library expects to be used would be most helpful in my case. Between intellisense and the object browser, I can figure out what classes are in the library and what their members are…

@ DDurant, we’ve got Hello World (with forms) and transitions demos in the guide and there’s a project in the install ([installdir]/skewworks/dotnetclix/dotnetclixdemo) that shows off almost every control.

If there’s something specific you’d like to see added in the codes or examples just let me know and I’ll make it happen. :slight_smile:

In the short term, I would be happy with a complete example.

For me, the optimum documentation is a set of examples, where each example demonstrates one or two controls.

As requested…

1. Running on EMX
  2. Me not talking :wink:
  3. Swipes (gestures)
  4. AZERTY keyboard support
  5. Ability to set colors on buttons & progressbars

And ALSO

1. Bounces
  2. Auto-sizing added to VirtualKeyboard
  3. VirtualKeyboard now universally accessible as a static class
  4. Misc other enhancements

Amazing. It work very good on EMX :slight_smile:

Looks good. Would also be nice if the keys highlighted in some way when tapped, for visual feedback on which key was being tapped.

@ DevHammer, they do; it might just be hard to see on the video. All keys invert their background gradient on down. If you’re talking more of a pop-up, I know iPhone’s method is patented, not sure if Android’s is.

Might be that the invert is a bit too subtle to notice on the video…looking again, I did see it on the space bar, but pretty much impossible to see on the other keys.

May just be one of those things that works better in person than on video. :slight_smile:

Here’s an example from the emulator; should be a lot easier to see.

Maybe a black/dark background would be “better” in this case ?

Edit: I’m just getting back home, so I will test the AZERTY keyboard tonight :wink: In the meantime, thank you very much for the work !

@ Bec a Fuel; I haven’t uploaded the changes yet. I’m in the middle of updating the docs and adding a few more enhancements. Here’s the change log so far (there will be more).

[ol]Moved controls & dialogs into a secondary library
Improved caret moving by tap on multiple line textboxes
Improved scrolling on multiple line textboxes
Added bounces
Added swipes
Moved VirtualKeyboard into a static class
Added AZERTY support to VirtualKeyboard
Added clear button to VirtualKeyboard
Updated buttons on VirtualKeyboard to autosize to screen
Added smart capitalization to VirtualKeyboard
Added top & bottom gradient properties to buttons
Added image to buttons
Removed Input option from Graphics (to avoid conflicts)
Exposed Inputs methods and events directly through Graphics
Added VirtualNumberPad[/ol]

Is there a trial version available or do you have to buy it outright?

@ RocketBob there’s no trial at the moment but I’ll try and find time this weekend to put together a version that only works in the emulator.

The emulator only sample will be available by end of day Dec 07 2011 as well as the 1.1 update.

Final Updates
[ol]Moved controls & dialogs to Skewwors.NETClix.GUI
Improved caret on multiple line textboxes
Improved scrolling on multiple line textboxes
Added bounces
Added swipes
Moved Virtua lKeyboard into static class
Added AZERTY support to Virtual Keyboard
Added clear button to Virtual Keyboard
Updated buttons on Virtual Keyboard to auto-size to screen
Added smart capitalization to Virtual Keyboard
Added top & bottom gradient properties to buttons
Added image to buttons
Removed Input from Graphics (to avoid conflicts)
Exposed Inputs methods and events through Graphics directly
Added Virtual Number Pad
Changed progressbar background from image tile to gradient
Changed default font from Seqoe to Verdana (for special character support)
Added KeyboardLayout property to Graphics[/ol]

awesome!

.NET Clix 1.1 is now available as is an emulator only demo version.

[url]http://www.skewworks.com/products/DOTNETClix[/url]