Need some direction

OK, real stupid question. I’ve got a FEZ Hydra. I’ve installed VS Express 2013. Is there a current document as to which drivers need to be installed and where to find them? Last time I did this I thought they were referenced right off the product page on the website. I’ve found some documentation on setting this up but I think it’s dated. Found and installed “NETMF and Gadgeteer Package 2014 R5.exe” which I guess is what I need, and it shows me a Micro Framework option when I start a new project, but when I try to compile an existing one, it complains it can’t find ‘UsbClientSP’. For better or worse, I found some of my old GHI SDK installs and ran them - again, not sure if they’re the latest, or if they’re already covered in the NETMF and Gadgeteer package I already installed. Love it when it’s up and running, but the install’s a bit confusing. Thanks.

Has everything you need to install and start building stuff.

Thanks! Now Gadgeteer is an option and I’m able to create a new project and add modules.

I’m now trying to verify the version. The documentation isn’t clear as to which lines in the release notes I’m to compare to which lines in the device info in the deployment tool (I had notes on this at one time but I can’t seem to find them now) - can you tell me which ones?

Also, for the firmware update, it says to launch “FEZ Config”. Where is this located? Thanks.

Fez Config gets installed when you install the GHI SDK. On my PC, it’s in C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\FEZ Config

I’m not really sure what you mean by the “deployment tool”, I assume MFDeploy? You can just use Fez Config as it parses all the version information and will help you update the bootloader and the netmf version.

Got it - a little mis-directed by MFDeploy, which is my start menu, whereas FEZ Config is not (although the link on my desktop should have been a clue!).

One more and I think I’m home free: the firmware update documentation says to be sure to update the loader if necessary, which in my case it is, and refers me to my device’s developer’s guide or manual. Again digging around in my program files under GHI I find a slew of pdf’s, none of which seem to be a manual or developer’s guide for FEZ Hydra. Can I beg one more pointer for that? Thanks again.

Never mind - found the “FEZ Hydra Developers’ Guide” online here:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/39/fez-hydra-developers-guide#3252
Followed directions; everything up-to-date.

1 Like