My new office

I’ve been working on my home office for months and I’m finally about finished. All I have left is to cut and paint the front for the built in desk which, by the way, is 7ft by 12ft. :wink:

3 Likes

Nice View?

What is the size of the room itself.

@ Mr. John Smith - 12.5ft by 10ft

Yeah the side of my neighbors house isn’t the best view but it lets in a lot of light. When I first got this house the office was a super dark green with no ceiling light. It was constantly dark.

It has a FEZ monkey and a Fallout poster. What else could it need? :wink:

2 Likes

Yup, FEZ Monkey is there to silently judge me when I’m not working on more NETMF/Gadgeteer code. :wink:

[quote=“Skewworks”]
I’ve been working on my home office for months and I’m finally about finished. All I have left is to cut and paint the front for the built in desk which, by the way, is 7ft by 12ft[/quote]

Sorry Thom, but that is way too tidy for a tech guys office. You need to add a few things. Here’s my home office :slight_smile:

PS… I am pretty sure that within a few months you will have more “stuff”

5 Likes

@ Dave McLaughlin - he did say his “new” office. Therefore hasn’t yet succumbed to the sprawl :slight_smile:

Yeah, very true. Let’s get an update from a few months time and see the difference. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Dave McLaughlin”]

My office is the isle in the kitchen and if I’ll decorate per @ Dave McLaughlin suggestion my wife going to divorce me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

@ Dave McLaughlin - That’s pretty much exactly what my office looked like before the update. Hence 2 desks (including the giant built in one), multiple book cases and drawers galore. I’d give it a week before there are electronics strewn all about again.

@ Dave McLaughlin - I recognize a Signal Generator, a Programmable power Supply and a Dremel Scroll saw. What’s the saw for? Cutting PCBs?

I use it for cutting out holes in enclosures to fit nice metal panels I have. No need to worry about the finish as the metal panel covers them if I happen to not get straight line :slight_smile:

The sig gen has been a handy tool for testing analog inputs and frequency capture (PWM). Great investment.

There is another bench power supply on the right of the fan that is about 14 years old. An old TTI PL330QMD and still going strong. I prefer proper bench supplies for initial testing as the current handling saves your projects so many times. I’ve see people blow up projects using those adapters you get for XT power supplies. Talking of blowing up, the attached image shows what happens when the client wires up 110Vac to a unit that is actually 24Vdc. He didn’t RTFM or even look at the cable which had a label saying 24Vdc ONLY. Oops…

1 Like

@ Dave McLaughlin - Did you use a varistor and a ptc fuse to protect in input power?

There is a PTC which I think is what went up in smoke and until I get the unit back I won’t know how much damage is done.

Anyway, no amount of protection is going to prevent 110Vac doing damage to what should be 24Vdc :slight_smile: