My gadgets arrived today (much quicker than I ever expected)… thanks!
However I’m having problems trying to deploy my first app to the device.
For some or other reason my Windows 8 laptop is refusing to connect to the board. It detects the USB-Serial SP Module as COM6, but not the Cerberus board itself.
I tried all the following already:
- Reinstalled everything
- Tried to ping with MF deploy… no response (in USB and serial mode)
- Tried the new GHI Configuration Tool.
- Replaced the USB cable and the ribbon cables
- Tried a different Cerberus board (I have two)
At this stage I suspect the culprit is the USB-Serial SP Module and not the Cerberus boards that is causing the problem. Unfortunately I only have one of those. The reason why I think its the culprit is because there are no LED’s lit (Tx or Rx) on the USB-Serial SP Module at any stage. I would expect they should at least flash when I try to ping, right? On the Cerberus board itself, the red LED is on.
My questions are:
- Should any of the LED’s on the USB-Serial SP Module when I do a ping?
- Should I be using USB or Serial device mode when trying to program? I tried both and none worked. But I would like to know just for the record anyway.
It is getting a bit late now… but tomorrow I will try to make up my own USB_Serial SP module using a different USB to serial module I happen to have here. I will also try on a different computer just to see if that makes a difference.