My holiday project: FEZ Cobra internet tree

That HttpListener is so full of bugs, it is impossible they (MS) have ever tested that! I’ll see if I can transform it into a socket version, but it won’t be before christmas!

@ Wouter

Do you think the code that Robert is using with the Cobra is the same as is used in the Gadgeteer codebase? I ask because if it’s a base part of NETMF, then that might explain the issues I was seeing trying to use the built-in web server on the Ethernet module.

If there’s a common cause to both issues, I’d love to isolate it and see if we can get the info to the right folks on the team (I’m not on the NETMF team, but I do work for Microsoft, and I know a couple of the folks who work on this stuff), or even come up with a fix.

FEZ Spider contains a EMX module, so it is very likely that the same code is used. If you see the folks at Microsoft, say they have to burn-in test their HttpListener object. I no longer waste my time in trying to work-around issues with it, there are just too many issues.

The tree is online again.
If you would like to see or try it, do it fast :slight_smile:
If it gets stuck again,let me know.

I also believe they use the same stuff for gadgeteer.
Gadgeteer runs ons emx, the same chip as cobra.
I do hope not by the way, because I wasted two full days trying to work around this, but it’s just not possible. :snooty:

But I am sure now it was not Wouter’s fault, nor mine :slight_smile:
Enough sad faces, the project failed, christmas time ;D ;D ;D ;D

I just ran across this little tidbit. Compared to the video, it’s probably insignificant but every little bit might help for next year :slight_smile:

http://dangerousprototypes.com/2012/01/02/using-a-favicon-ico-with-webduino/