My FEZ Spider Board not detected by windows - did test all suggestions on forum

Dear GHI,

i ordered a FeZ Spider Starterkit and a Hydra board at coolcomponents.co.uk. it turns out that the Hydra is now ok after upgrading the firmware and works ok. It also looks like all the components of the Spider Starterkit are ok - excet the Spider Board itself.

Windows does not detect the board and also not in loader or tinyloader. I have no ability to change the firmware if i do not at least get a com port for it. I tried with the board powered, with powered usb, with original cable with same DP as works on Hydra no luck. An I did make sure i am using the correct connector D. In addition i did try on 3 PC where 2 are Win7 64 and one is 32 bit Win7.

Is there Any other way to force a firmware reset ? e.g. like with hydra by feeding in a SD Card?

Thanks

Tim

Is the led on spider lit up when you connect the power?

Since you are playing with the HYDRA, please make sure you are plugin in the DP module to Socket 1 on your Spider and not Socket 2… it tends to get confusing after using board boards at the same time. also when you are finished with HYDRA plug the Spider to a different USB Port than the one you used for the hydra… and watch out for the Driver Confirmation Box.

Good luck

Hey thanks for your answers. Yes theLED is lit up. But my problem is that i don’t have a method to replace the firmware without the device booting or the device being recognized by windows. Thats why i asked for a flash card based reset. I will retrun the device to get a new one.

Is spider connected directly to your pc with no hubs? Did you try adding external power pack?

Hi Gus,

yes as i said before: I tried with the board usb powered also, with powered usb hub, with original cable with same DP as works on Hydra no luck.
An I did make sure i am using the correct connector D.

If there is no method to flash the board with a sd card i see no more options sorry.

Tim

Very strange as these are double tested but you can have it exchanged. Let us know how it goes please.