My FEZ Cobra is not talking!

:frowning: Help! I cannot communicate with my new FEZ Cobra. I have all the USB drivers installed, and am able to communicate with my Panda II, but when I plug the Cobra into the USB port on my computer nothing happens. MFDeploy cannot find it. I also tried the four-finger reboot, and that didnā€™t help.

More Info:

• The red LED is on.
  • The network LED is blinking.
  • I have a 7 inch display plugged in.

Do you see anything in the Device Manager?

With the 7" display you might need to use a powered USB hub or an external power supply for the Cobra.

Yes and stick to 7.5", 6V may work too

Thanks for the quick replies.

I dontā€™ see anything in the Device Manager, and there is no ā€œbeepā€ sound when I plug in the device.

I do have a 9V supply plugged inā€¦ Iā€™m waiting on a 6V supply from RobotShop.

Did it work before having the display plugged in? Sounds like the screen is drawing too much current with the power supply you have attached.

Thank you for your reply.

I bought the board and display at the same time, and connected them together before powering them up.

Iā€™m at work now, so I canā€™t try anything, but tonight Iā€™ll try disconnecting the display.

What if you connected the display wrong? Try it without display please

Thank you Gus. Iā€™ll try that when I get home from work later today.

Gus, I disconnected the display and the card worked. I will get a better power supply and will make sure I reconnect the display properly. Thanks.