Moving keyboard characters

I have several textboxes (name, address, etc) to be filled in by typing on a keyboard. I have a keyboard routine that gets fired with each press ogf a key:

[quote] static void CharDown(USBH_Keyboard sender, USBH_KeyboardEventArgs args)
{
string nuchar = args.KeyAscii.ToString();
Debug.Print(nuchar);

if (selector==1) TestTexBox1.Text = TestTexBox1.Text + nuchar; //append incoming to textbox1
        if (selector == 2) TestTexBox2.Text = TestTexBox2.Text + nuchar; //append incoming to textbox2
        if (selector == 3) TestTexBox3.Text = TestTexBox3.Text + nuchar; //append incoming to textbox3
    }[/quote]

However, since there are many textboxes it seems a bit backwards to try to figure out where to send the chars (to various textboxes) from within this routine, perhaps by setting a selection parameter in the main routine. Is this the proper arrangement?

Cant give you a solution, but yep that seems the wrong approach. Take a look at something like Pyxis2 or even Glide and see how they do it - you should find they have a similar issue with their soft keyboard.

Thanks, I may take a look, though that’s a big ship to crawl around. My understanding is that each routine that sets up a textbox must subscribe to the CharDown event, its just not clear how that event knows where to put the data (unless i cheat and just directly tell it where, as I showed). Does sender provide this location?

The way I approach it is to have a “focused” object on a form. So when input comes in it is directed to that object. If the object is null the event bubbles up to be caught elsewhere.

by directed, do you mean just always use its name directly, such as

focusedBox.text=append(nuchar);

No. The form has a variable say _focused that you assign te focused control to. Then when input is gathered form._focused gets the event

Do you mean something like:

Control theFocusedControl;

theFocusedControl = textBox1;    // the control that is to be modified by the event