"Modify" button

Hello,

I think that the “Modify” button on our own posts should become unavailable after some time. I’ve seen many times users that either modified their old posts or even deleted them for some obscure reasons ??? This should not happen, to me.

What do you think about this ?

I think the modify button should always be there. There isn’t really any constructive reason why it should be taken out. Maybe instead, a “Reason for edit” text box be implemented.

I’ve seen many forums where someone got angry and erased all of its posts ??? Most of the time because of a big disagreement with other members.

Other times, users have edited their “first” posts only to hide a mistake they’ve made and they don’t want to admit it. That’s awhy sometimes on forums, when I feel that the topic could go in this direction, I quote the original post, so that its owner can still delete/edit it but my copy will keep the original content.

“Reason for edit” is not enough, though useful. Don’t think that all people on forums are kind enough to put “edited because of a mistake in my code” :wink: And btw, if the following posts were talking about this mistake, you can easily imagine that the whole topic would have no sense if the mistake is gone :wink:

Yes , I have seen it also on some forums.

As Bec a Fuel said , some users erase or modify their post to hide something.

But I didn’t see it on this forum. I think the users in this forum hasn,t something to hide :smiley:

[quote] I’ve seen many forums where someone got angry and erased all of its posts Huh Most of the time because of a big disagreement with other members.

Other times, users have edited their “first” posts only to hide a mistake they’ve made and they don’t want to admit it. That’s awhy sometimes on forums, when I feel that the topic could go in this direction, I quote the original post, so that its owner can still delete/edit it but my copy will keep the original content.

“Reason for edit” is not enough, though useful. Don’t think that all people on forums are kind enough to put “edited because of a mistake in my code” Wink And btw, if the following posts were talking about this mistake, you can easily imagine that the whole topic would have no sense if the mistake is gone Wink
[/quote]

Although I agree with all of those points, I really don’t want to have a situation where there is a critical bug in some code that gets passed around just because the user can’t edit their post.

Good but not a complete fix I think.

Me neither. The button should definitely be available at all time.

i second foekie’s commands :wink: