Mikromedia + STM32 working on .Net MF!

@ dobova - Thank you!

Now I have to figure out how to get this onto my mikromedia board :think:

I don’t have Keil, but I noticed that the codeplex repository includes these files:

THUMB2/MDK4.54/le/FLASH/release/MMB_PLUS/bin/tinyclr.hex/ER_FLASH.hex
THUMB2/MDK4.54/le/FLASH/release/MMB_PLUS/bin/Tinybooter.hex

Am I correct in thinking that I can use the MikroProg programmer to load Tinybooter.hex and ER_FLASH.hex?

Thanks.

Yes Jasdev you suppose right.
BUT that binary code is for GHI SDK R2. I will compile tomorrow morning and i will update binary files.

@ jasdev: you need to flash tinybooter.hex with a JTAG/SWD device, like Jlink or Mikroprog for STM32. The guys at Mikroe has tied BOOT0 pin to GND (if I remember right) so no way to use STM bootloader.

@ dobova Awesome!! Thanks Man!

I will give this a go tomorrow! :smiley:

-Matt

New SDK version committed on CodePlex, compiled for GHI SDK R3

:smiley:

1 Like

:dance:

Sweet! Thanks man!

Ok, will update firmware for Mikroe STM32F4 boards soon, to upgrade to new SDK 2014 R1. May be I can handle on the weekend.

SDK 2014 R1?

Which SDK are you referring too?

-Matt

the GHI one released 24 hours or so ago. Hit the support link.

I’ll be dang! w00t!

Looking forward for the release for the Mikromedia too :smiley:

Now off to updating my Fez :o

Committed new MMB+ firmware to include the minor modifications of GHI SDK 2014 R1.

Be aware that default TinyClr compilation create Ethernet firmware as done by TinyClrNet. This is a known issue and will be fixed asap.
::slight_smile:

Will this work with the 3.5" Mikromedia M4 STM32 board. It has the same processor, but I don’t see any reference to a display processor like the 4.3" Mikromedia plus. What do you think?

@ kinocode- I’m sorry for the delay, but I missed you question.
The LCD screen is managed through a custom library that you can find on Codeplex in the directory:
[em]\DeviceCode\libraries\LEDONET.EasyDisplay[/em]

There you can find [em]Managed [/em]and [em]Native [/em]code.

I will post some example code as soon as I will be in office.
This is a simple example:

//in the reference you need to add
// LEDONET.EasyDisplay.dll

using LEDONET.EasyDisplay; // needed for custom library
using GHI.OSHW.Hardware;
using System.Text;

Font f = Resources.GetFont(Resources.FontResources.NinaB);
            EasyDisplay.Initialize(Orientation.Landscape);
            EasyDisplay.SetPWMBacklight(255);
            EasyDisplay.DrawRectangle(0, 0, 479, 271, Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation.Media.ColorUtility.ColorFromRGB(0,255,0));
            EasyDisplay.DrawText("Test native NETMF display", x, 50, ColorUtility.ColorFromRGB(255, 128, 0));
// Simple bitmap draw from resource
            byte[] buffer = Resources.GetBytes(Resources.BinaryResources.music_add);
            Bitmap bmp = new Bitmap(buffer, Bitmap.BitmapImageType.Bmp);
            TinyBitmap tbmp = new TinyBitmap(bmp);
            EasyDisplay.Draw(tbmp, 400, 220);

@ kinocode : My answer is incomplete. I’ve no Mkromedia 3.5" STM32F4 board, but I think that LCD controller is different. I will check.

I cannot change the images in this example file “mikromedia Plus for STM32 Examples”. I were able to change the images in the file “Images on external resources” . afterwards I built the hex file and then I uploaded the hex file into the STM32 micromedia plus. In the slide menu, the images were the same like they were before I changed them, they had not changed at all.

I would be happy for your help.
Thanks