Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM is in .Net MF 4.2 not 4.1?

Hi I am trying to go through the examples… and got stuck with PWM (melodies)

so if you agree can you update to point people to install 4.2 and not 4.1 ( i had a hard time even finding it on microsoft downloads)

We are at final stages of the switch to 4.2 and all tutorials have been updated to 4.2.

If you need 4.2 then consult the ebooks as they have not been updated yet.

why couldn’t you leave the tutorials alone until you were out of beta for 4.2. the tutorials are for beginners not experts…

We actually did but the changes happen over couple months, there is too much to do. It just happened that you got to it right in the transition period.

Note that the wiki include history so you can view older pages.

And we are here to help so do not worry if you have questions, just ask.

We still do not know what device you are using.

I am using a fez panda 2.
reading the sticky on the update to 4.2 gadgeteeer

Alex111Minor with 450 exp4 days ago #143
By the way: Panda II is still at NETMF 4.1 and what I’ve heard there are no updates planned. Maybe it is the same behaviour there?
i.e. Panda II users don’t get rid of this issue because of the lack of updates?

what does this mean that I have to stay on 4.1??!! is there then a source for 4.1 tutorials or do i have to look at history of each page?

surely you would get more done if you didn’t have to answer all user’s stupid questions

There is this page that will be completed in few days

4.1 and 4.2 are 95% the same. PWM and analog were moved but that is about it.

OK but does panda2 work with 4.2? ( as per the quote below)

in other words should i go ahead and install the beta ( which isn’t clearly explained how … eg install asks to repair remove 4.1… then eventually it breaks …(at drivers install?) saying you first have to uninstall from the control panel/programs …

The 4.2 SDK supports 4.1 and even 4.0 devices. Use 4.2 SDK but set the project to use 4.1 device.

Added to the wiki GHI Electronics – Where Hardware Meets Software

so you are confirming that the panda is a 4.1 device and I have to use the old code in wiki (prior to july 23rd 2012) on my panda 2?

eg this line will not work on my FEZ PANDA 2?
static PWM MyPWM = new PWM((Cpu.PWMChannel)Cpu.PWMChannel.PWM_3,261,50,false);

The documentation for 4.1, 4.2 and even 4.3 in future are installed in the GHI SDK so you can take a look for full details. The tutorials are there as an additional help, but not required.

Everything you need as far as GHI libraries for your panda is found here
C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI NETMF v4.1 SDK\Assemblies\Documentation